Page 106 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1862

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I saw a new G5 26 in the LGS today, first one I have seen for sale in ages.
    It was still in the case today. Had front serrations and the breech (or is it breach) face cut. If it was a MOS, would have taken it home.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Interesting.

I guess I can't edit my post but I was going off of memory and if I remember correctly after the Gen4's came out Glock changed the 26 Springs. The old springs were black and the new ones were heavier springs. I remember trying to find some of the old ones for my Gen 3's without much success. So the numbers I gave might not be correct.

Remembered I have an old one in my carry gun. One on the left is an FCS Serial # 26, my CCW since 2004 or so. One on the right is a M serial # 26. (I don't think the one on right is original but what they upgraded to with the Gen 4's).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by steve; 07-21-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I guess I can't edit my post but I was going off of memory and if I remember correctly after the Gen4's came out Glock changed the 26 Springs. The old springs were black and the new ones were heavier springs. I remember trying to find some of the old ones for my Gen 3's without much success. So the numbers I gave might not be correct.
    Thanks, appreciate that. It is food for thought in any case.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

With a 43X/48, I avoid +P ammo for improved reliability, but on my 19/17 I gravitate towards it on the theory more oomph might enhance reliability, especially with a compromised grip. With a heavier RSA, the 26 might also be a candidate for a +P load like 124 Gold Dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I saw a new G5 26 in the LGS today, first one I have seen for sale in ages.
    I searched far and wide for one with no luck until Saturday. I picked one up. One clerk at a different store told me they don’t order them due to strong preference for the 43X/48.

Site Supporter
    With a 43X/48, I avoid +P ammo for improved reliability, but on my 19/17 I gravitate towards it on the theory more oomph might enhance reliability, especially with a compromised grip. With a heavier RSA, the 26 might also be a candidate for a +P load like 124 Gold Dot.
    My 26.3 works perfectly fine with the +P 124gr Gold Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My 26.3 works perfectly fine with the +P 124gr Gold Dot.
    Mine too, fwiw.

I've only shot 147gr HST (standard pressure) out of my Gen 5 though. Not for any reasons other than that's what I have the most of, and what tested best out of my other three Glocks prior to getting the Gen 5.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

My local BL pusher had two in the case, so I grabbed the tighter one. (Blue label pricing is the devil.) I want to have it direct milled for an optic, I just need to decide which one.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My local BL pusher had two in the case, so I grabbed the tighter one. (Blue label pricing is the devil.) I want to have it direct milled for an optic, I just need to decide which one.
    Yes it is.
    --Jason--

Actually, I wonder if this was mispriced at $399. I thought the non-MOS Gen 5 guns were all $425 now?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List