Page 104 of 189 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Where did you get the 12 rounders? Do you know what gen the followers are? I think I read they have a gen 7 for the 26 now. I saw them at one place but they were 30+ bucks. New to Glocks but I always thought Glock mags were supposed to be inexpensive.
    I mention which followers were in all of the relevant magazines in the posts just above the one you quoted.

Got a couple of the 12's at an online mag warehouse I've dealt with previously...and one was gifted to me by a generous member here.

I believe all the followers were #6 but for my 10 rounders which were #7.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I mention which followers were in all of the relevant magazines in the posts just above the one you quoted.

Got a couple of the 12's at an online mag warehouse I've dealt with previously...and one was gifted to me by a generous member here.

I believe all the followers were #6 but for my 10 rounders which were #7.
    Ok thanks Ill go there and check it out. If its 30+ I may just buy the glock extension to give it a try first.
    I knew I read that somewhere must be the old timers kicking in.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I spoke to a long time friend, who is definitely in a position to know, and he was not aware with any problems with the G5 26. He did say that using extended magazines in a 26, depending upon the magazine and torque applied to the extended part of the magazine, could cause issues.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Id venture a gentlemany wager involving large amounts of PF Dollars that if anyone knows about problems with the 26.5 it would be @HCM
    None I'm aware of. When my agency tested Gen5 Glocks, the 26.5 was the only model that passed. FBI authorized G26.5's after Glock declined to make G26M's.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    None I'm aware of. When my agency tested Gen5 Glocks, the 26.5 was the only model that passed. FBI authorized G26.5's after Glock declined to make G26M's.

Could you go into detail about the other issues that that arose in the gen 5 glocks, and were they corrected.
    ? If you cannot, I understand.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Could you go into detail about the other issues that that arose in the gen 5 glocks, and were they corrected.
    ? If you cannot, I understand.
    It’s been discussed here many times. Broken trigger return spring assemblies between 1k and 3-4K rounds.

It’s strange that FBI, CBP, USSS etc had no such issues.

The Glock armorers manuals indicate such issues are usually the result of improper reassembly but no further details are available.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I spoke to a long time friend, who is definitely in a position to know, and he was not aware with any problems with the G5 26. He did say that using extended magazines in a 26, depending upon the magazine and torque applied to the extended part of the magazine, could cause issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Need to “pin” these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I've wondered how the pinky torqueing the extended part of the magazine affected how the round is presented to the feed ramp. And if this affected function. So far no problem in my 12-round OEM Glock magazines.

Every issue I’ve ever had with a G26, in which I remembered to actually document the magazine in use at the time, occurred with some kind of extended magazine. The two stoppages I can’t definitively state which magazines were in use were likely with a G19 or 17 magazine but I can’t say for sure. Every other issue I’ve had with either my Gen4 or Gen5 G26 occurred with a Magpul 12 rounder, or an OEM G19 or G17 magazine. I believe the torque from the pinky directly on the magazine does play a role in reliable feeding.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but I’m no fan of anything more than the Glock +2 magazine in any gun for this very reason.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List