Page 101 of 189 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Well dont forget the Deluth thread where they changed the pocket so its no longer suitable for pocket carry. The shorts I mentioned are actually a very good option. Maybe better than the original. I think i could get two 26’s in one front pocket of those and they are a much cooler summer option.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1107734
    I wear Duluth shorts or pants near daily, (before the mentioned pocket change), and I would not carry in the front pockets...and I certainly wouldn't want it flopping around in the cargo pockets.

(I rarely even carry my S&W 642 in pocket. I do occasionally, but much more AIWB. That's just me.)

But the 26 in my front pocket? Nope.

I think @Duelist or one of our other respected regulars does, however.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wear Duluth shorts or pants near daily, (before the mentioned pocket change), and I would not carry in the front pockets...and I certainly wouldn't want it flopping around in the cargo pockets.

(I rarely even carry my S&W 642 in pocket. I do occasionally, but much more AIWB. That's just me.)

But the 26 in my front pocket? Nope.

I think @Duelist or one of our other respected regulars does, however.
    Not me. IWB, SmartCarry, sure. Pocket? Nah, it’s too heavy. 642, G42, or P32 will ride in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Not me. IWB, SmartCarry, sure. Pocket? Nah, it’s too heavy. 642, G42, or P32 will ride in my pocket.
    I forget who the member is that seems to regularly, or at least occasionally, in front pocket.

My once razor sharp memory is dull as a butter knife today, it seems.

Someone will chime in...

Without going through the entire thread have pocket holster or ankle holster been discussed in this thread?
    A 26 wouldn’t be my choice for either of those situations unless it’s a back up to a Glock 17 or 19. And even then I’d probably rather do something else.

It’s a bad shape for coming out of the pocket smoothly, and has a short, relatively light trigger. Bad combination for pocket carry. And it’s heavy for an ankle gun.

If I had to do one I’d carry it on my ankle in a galco ankle glove. I’d much prefer a light j frame in the pocket or on the ankle. If forced to pocket carry I’d use an aholster because of thinness.
    Last edited by Mitch; 07-15-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Been using a 26.5 in a smartcarry...does anyone have a 365XL and think it would conceal as well or better than a 26 on a smartcarry?
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Without going through the entire thread have pocket holster or ankle holster been discussed in this thread?
    When I carry mine as a BUG at work, I also use a Galco Ankle Glove holster. When lounging around the house I carry it in the front pocket of my shorts using an AHolster pocket holster. It takes some wide, deep pockets and the opening must be a vertical/diagonal slash. I absolutely can’t get it to work with any kind of horizontal opening pockets. I’ve also had the gun fall out a couple of times while laying on the couch so there’s that too.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    When I carry mine as a BUG at work, I also use a Galco Ankle Glove holster. When lounging around the house I carry it in the front pocket of my shorts using an AHolster pocket holster. It takes some wide, deep pockets and the opening must be a vertical/diagonal slash. I absolutely can’t get it to work with any kind of horizontal opening pockets. I’ve also had the gun fall out a couple of times while laying on the couch so there’s that too.
    Then if they suit your style try the Deluth I mentioned previously to Blues, horizontal slash, huge opening and very generous pocket size. https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/co...rccode=GBPPCMN

I have a Null ankle holster for a J and Wilderness Tactical was also recommended by DB as an ankle holster. Its not my favorite means of carry but it has it place. I was just checking to see if specific for the 26 there were any other recommendations. Ive carried a J in an A Holster pocket carry almost every day for years. Actually AH just replaced mine for materials cost only, recently.
    From my experience with the AH and a J Im not sure if its going to be the best choice for a 26 in the pocket or if I might be better served by a leather holster. I think the pockets on those Deluths mentioned are so big that either the holster is going to have to be wider or Im going to have to do some velcro inside the pocket and on the back of the holster to keep it in a specific place.
    Anyway always appreciate the input from different users.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

@UNK

I've not worn the "dry on the fly" gear. I only own flex fire hose pants and shorts. But even if it did accommodate the 26, I can't see myself carrying in that manner, anyway.

I haven't carried the 26 on the ankle for a while now, but when I did, the Galco did me fine...whether in the office, on the street or chasing down miscreants.

Site Supporter
    Then if they suit your style try the Deluth I mentioned previously to Blues, horizontal slash, huge opening and very generous pocket size. https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/co...rccode=GBPPCMN

I have a Null ankle holster for a J and Wilderness Tactical was also recommended by DB as an ankle holster. Its not my favorite means of carry but it has it place. I was just checking to see if specific for the 26 there were any other recommendations. Ive carried a J in an A Holster pocket carry almost every day for years. Actually AH just replaced mine for materials cost only, recently.
    From my experience with the AH and a J Im not sure if its going to be the best choice for a 26 in the pocket or if I might be better served by a leather holster. I think the pockets on those Deluths mentioned are so big that either the holster is going to have to be wider or Im going to have to do some velcro inside the pocket and on the back of the holster to keep it in a specific place.
    Anyway always appreciate the input from different users.
    I have a 442 which I ankle carry for 12 hour shifts. I concur with the Galco for the J as #blues said. Don't waster the money on other commonly available mass manufacturers. Wilderness does even better with it the J. I have switched to it. For the 26, I am with Chuck Haggard's opinion that for ankles, 1lb is the limit. If i were to try it with the 26 it would absolutely be in a Wilderness and for only very brief periods of time.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, the 43 carries ok in Duluth cargo shorts. The 26 did not fit properly.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List