Page 111 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Does your friend want the short grip, short slide or both? If she is mostly after a short grip, something like this might work.

Name:  7BE9AF21-DF85-47AF-A042-ED2DB042F127.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  51.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I'd read through this whole thread, and was totally convinced. I had some time and rented one at the local range, aaaaaaand the two finger grip on the 26 is more like a 1.5 finger grip for me. My pinky curling under couldn't really provide support because it didn't touch the bottom of the 10 round magazine.

However! I also tried a Glock 19. Previously I didn't really think it fot my hand with my pinky half hanging off the grip. This time, though, I tried the G26 shooting method on the G19. I had two fingers on the grip and the pinky curled under the magazine, and it worked great. Secure grip, comfortable, easily controllable. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Does your friend want the short grip, short slide or both? If she is mostly after a short grip, something like this might work.

I’ve got a crudely chopped Gen 2 19 frame I’m thinking about sending to Glock for replacement. When I get it back I’d like to do a better chop job on it. That looks nice.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter

Sorry for the thread drift, and perhaps I'm just stupid, but why in the world would one take a G19 whose defining feature is that it uses a G17 sized grip, and slice that grip down to G26 size?

Was this done at a time where there were no gen 5 g19s?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Sorry for the thread drift, and perhaps I'm just stupid, but why in the world would one take a G19 whose defining feature is that it uses a G17 sized grip, and slice that grip down to G26 size?

Was this done at a time where there were no gen 5 g19s?

So you have the option to run a reliable OEM 10 round magazine in ban areas, interchange that lower with optic ready G19 and 45 uppers, attach a WML to a 26 frame size, and have a smaller than 19 sized pistol in NPE settings.

Site Supporter
    So you have the option to run a reliable OEM 10 round magazine in ban areas, interchange that lower with optic ready G19 and 45 uppers, attach a WML to a 26 frame size, and have a smaller than 19 sized pistol in NPE settings.
    This all seems like something you could do with a G19 that was chopped.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    This all seems like something you could do with a G19 that was chopped.

I have multiple 19X pistols, and the bottom of the grip is my least favorite part, because it doesn’t have the magwell of a Gen 5 19 and 17, and can’t use Gen 5 magazine baseplates. The baseplate thing is sort of a deal breaker for me, as I worry a Gen 5 magazine could end up on my person, and I have whittled on some of my X lowers to remove material and make Gen 5 baseplates work. The Glock 45 lower is much more useful to me than a 19X. Chopping the 19X took away those issues and also gave me something I liked the color of. And, at the time, I had a few bits and pieces siting around.

Name:  A9A3AECD-A78B-4156-8154-11F326F6C142.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  72.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I have multiple 19X pistols, and the bottom of the grip is my least favorite part, because it doesn’t have the magwell of a Gen 5 19 and 17, and can’t use Gen 5 magazine baseplates. The baseplate thing is sort of a deal breaker for me, as I worry a Gen 5 magazine could end up on my person, and I have whittled on some of my X lowers to remove material and make Gen 5 baseplates work. The Glock 45 lower is much more useful to me than a 19X. Chopping the 19X took away those issues and also gave me something I liked the color of. And, at the time, I had a few bits and pieces siting around.

Name:  A9A3AECD-A78B-4156-8154-11F326F6C142.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  72.9 KB
    My 19x is my favorite full-length grip Glock because of the lip at the front. I think if I had multiple 19x pistols, I might consider doing a frame chop to one, but as it is, I just have a 19x and a 26 for the general reasons people have for those two sizes of pistols, and wouldn’t consider chopping or trimming the one 19x I have.

Hammertime

Plus: brown!

Update on my friend’s jamming 26:

I’ve been shooting it and it seems like at around 1,200 rounds it started acting better. It cycles and feeds 100% now but will launch a few cases over my head.

I think the recoil spring is probably weakened enough to allow higher slide velocity as that shows as erratic ejection because due to inertia the extractor loses control of the case and it bounces off the top round in the magazine before it makes it to the ejector.

I think the gun runs, but only barely. Which is how Glocks work, so it could barely work 100% of the time.

User Tag List