Page 42 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ...Also, putting the Magpul 12 magazine in this gun doesn't feel quite right to me as it does with the other gun. It seems to make the gun want to point differently vs. with the standard 10 rounder...
    I've not tried them, but I've read that there are issues with the Magpul 12's and the 26.5, something to do with the ambi-slide stops, I believe.

I finally got around to trying the medium beavertail on my 26.5 since I like that set up on my 19.4 so much, but removed it again after only a few presentations. I'm sure it would be pleasant to shoot in that configuration, but I didn't like how it changed my master grip on the draw or in SHO dry fire, which composes about 80% of my dry work.

This thing has definitely made me want a 19.5, of course.

Just ordered a couple of the OEM Gen 5 12 round magazines to try out and see if I like them.

Although I've never had an issue with Magpul 12 rounders in my Gen 2.5...I've read too many reports of inconsistency with the later generations here on P-F, and watched a youtube video last night, (mr gunsngear), where he demonstrated several failures with his Gen 5 and the Magpul 12s. (He also stated that he had no issues with them in earlier generation guns, which matches my experience.) So I'll just continue to use the several I have in the older G26.

Forewarned is forearmed. This gun will run, (whenever the rain eventually stops), on OEM only, whether 10 rounds, 12 rounds, or a 15 round spare mag.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Just ordered a couple of the OEM Gen 5 12 round magazines to try out and see if I like them.

Although I've never had an issue with Magpul 12 rounders in my Gen 2.5...I've read too many reports of inconsistency with the later generations here on P-F, and watched a youtube video last night, (mr gunsngear), where he demonstrated several failures with his Gen 5 and the Magpul 12s. (He also stated that he had no issues with them in earlier generation guns, which matches my experience.) So I'll just continue to use the several I have in the older G26.

Forewarned is forearmed. This gun will run, (whenever the rain eventually stops), on OEM only, whether 10 rounds, 12 rounds, or a 15 round spare mag.
    I am running the Glock OEM12 round mags in my G26.5 with no problems whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    I am running the Glock OEM12 round mags in my G26.5 with no problems whatsoever.
    Yeah, I've never heard any issues with OEM 12 rounders other than either cosmetics or "feel" as the Magpuls seem to have a flusher fit and feel according to at least some who have used both. I think they may not "hide" quite as well AIWB, but that remains to be seen.

No matter, OEM it is for this gun. I consider myself fortunate that the Gen 2.5 seems to love 'em.

I can't wait to see how the breech face cut ejection compares to my earlier Glocks.

Oh, and I, of course, just ordered another "Gadget". Can't have this Glock be the odd man out. Thank you, @Tom_Jones

Contacted Tony over at JMCK and asked if I only needed to heat the lip of the "George" holster to get it to fit the Gen 5. He gave the thumbs up and it couldn't have been easier.

Now all of my holsters accommodate the Gen 5.

Site Supporter
    I am actually excited about Don Azules getting the Gen 5 G26, and following his reports on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am actually excited about Don Azules getting the Gen 5 G26, and following his reports on it.
    Quien es?

Site Supporter
    Quien es?

Usted senor!

Kind of my dream Glock would r be a Gen 5 26 with a 12 round mag, scd, any decent sights I can use, and if I am dreaming here.....a really well done manual safety.

I can only imagine how awesome the G26 was when there were limited options for a small reliable 9mm, that could be shot like a big gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Usted senor!

Kind of my dream Glock would r be a Gen 5 26 with a 12 round mag, scd, any decent sights I can use, and if I am dreaming here.....a really well done manual safety.

I can only imagine how awesome the G26 was when there were limited options for a small reliable 9mm, that could be shot like a big gun.
    Wow, I'm hitting the big time. As a jazz guy, I have to add this:

As for the dream gun, I'll have exactly that gun...no need for a manual safety. Argue if you must. I've been trusting them with my life since the late 80's. The Gadget makes it just that much more safe.

I fell in love with the G26 in 1995 and have never lost the passion for it.

User Tag List