Page 49 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So, does everyone's OEM 12 rounders rattle when full?
    Yes, and it aggravates my gear-OCD horribly. I never had any function issues* loading them with 12, but I stick with 11. So it's only a +1 for me, but also a happy place for my pinky that facilitates a fast draw.

*I should note that the G26 is my duty backup, carried in an off-side cargo pocket holster; thus, the magazine catch is facing out. The only times I drew the G26 at the end of shift and found the mag not seated were when it was loaded with 12... Apparently, the spring tension with 12 is so high with that it wants to bust loose with casual pressure on the mag catch. I haven't tested this outside of the pocket for educational value, because I'm content to load it with 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Yes, and it aggravates my gear-OCD horribly. I never had any function issues* loading them with 12, but I stick with 11. So it's only a +1 for me, but also a happy place for my pinky that facilitates a fast draw.

*I should note that the G26 is my duty backup, carried in an off-side cargo pocket holster; thus, the magazine catch is facing out. The only times I drew the G26 at the end of shift and found the mag not seated were when it was loaded with 12... Apparently, the spring tension with 12 is so high with that it wants to bust loose with casual pressure on the mag catch. I haven't tested this outside of the pocket for educational value, because I'm content to load it with 11.
    @Joe Mac

Joe, this is very interesting and useful info. I did notice yesterday that neither rattles if not "fully" loaded with 12. I may download and follow your lead there, as it upsets my OCD as well.

More interesting yet...these are Gen5 flavor of the 12 round mag. Same but for the orange follower.

Yesterday, on my last string with one of the 12 rounders, I noticed I had a FTF with a round that was nosed into the ramp. I did a tap, (no rack), and fired the round off and the rest was as it was before...flawless.

I noticed when I went to pull the mag out, that it was not fully seated and I wondered if I could have failed to seat it properly, which I was pretty sure I hadn't done...and more likely, now, in light of what you mentioned, probably applied a bit of pressure to the mag release while firing.

This may save me some grief on two counts. Really appreciate your jumping in here with your observations. I owe you a cold one.

ETA: And done. 11 in each. One in the gun. One as a spare. I'll carry the 10 rounder if necessary for concealment. I shoot either as well. But clearly the master grip is better on the larger mag.
    Last edited by blues; 05-29-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Actually don't have any 12-rd mags. Have 10-rd, with small grip extension in gun, and carry a 15-rd G19 mag as spare. No rattles.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Actually don't have any 12-rd mags. Have 10-rd, with small grip extension in gun, and carry a 15-rd G19 mag as spare. No rattles.
    Yeah, I have tons of 15 and 17 rounders, I just like having something that "fits" the gun. OCD, don't you now. Of course that begs the question as to why I have a couple of 33 rounders on hand.

Zombies, I guess.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I have tons of 15 and 17 rounders, I just like having something that "fits" the gun. OCD, don't you now. Of course that begs the question as to why I own a couple of 33 rounders on hand.

Zombies, I guess.
    I typically carry mine with the ten round flush baseplate in the gun and a 15 or 17 round spare with no grip adapter. 12 rounds sometimes, but not usually and then only in bulkier clothing or in my shoulder holster under a jacket.

One of the things I really like about the 26 is that it is very shootable with a short grip that doesn’t print or bang into seats, even just under a polo or T-shirt. Stuffing a longer mag or putting taller baseplates on the short mags defeats some of what I like about it. Plus the 12 round baseplates pinch on reloads pretty regularly, and sometimes even when just shooting it.

Probably ought to get a gen 5 and keep the Gen 3 for a spare. Maybe next year after I pay some stuff off and do some house upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I typically carry mine with the ten round flush baseplate in the gun and a 15 or 17 round spare with no grip adapter. 12 rounds sometimes, but not usually and then only in bulkier clothing or in my shoulder holster under a jacket.

One of the things I really like about the 26 is that it is very shootable with a short grip that doesn’t print or bang into seats, even just under a polo or T-shirt. Stuffing a longer mag or putting taller baseplates on the short mags defeats some of what I like about it. Plus the 12 round baseplates pinch on reloads pretty regularly, and sometimes even when just shooting it.

Probably ought to get a gen 5 and keep the Gen 3 for a spare. Maybe next year after I pay some stuff off and do some house upgrades.
    The thing that impressed me about the 26 was when I first bought it and would bring it to our quarterly qualifications and shoot equal or better scores than with my 19. And this was always with the 10 round mag. I didn't bother with anything else for many years, though I knew I could.

It's my one indispensable gun. (Well, now they're my two indispensable guns.)

So, does everyone's OEM 12 rounders rattle when full?

Anyone have any issues with OEM (not Magpul) 12 rounders FTF or FTE?

I may just use the ones I got for carrying a spare mag, and carry the 10 rounder in the gun. (Though it will probably slow the draw some...)
    Just loaded mine up with HST; it definitely rattles. Mine is the Gen5 version with orange follower.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Just loaded mine up with HST; it definitely rattles. Mine is the Gen5 version with orange follower.
    That's what mine are filled with. 147s. Downloaded by one, no rattle.

Site Supporter
    That's what mine are filled with. 147s. Downloaded by one, no rattle.
    Easy button.

Glad to be of service, Blues!

I agree that the G26 might be the last pistol I'd get rid of, although I own and use many different models of 9mm Glock. My current G26 stable is two identical Gen-4s, with finger groove humps removed and front straps stippled by Texaspoff. I'm likely to add a Gen-5 soon.

User Tag List