Page 122 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

It looks like Glock USA still hasn’t announced the 26.5 MOS?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It looks like Glock USA still hasn’t announced the 26.5 MOS?
    I think they are so far behind on production that they are not bringing new products out until they catch up. The 26Gen5 MOS exists, the 35Gen5 MOS has been listed on distributor web sites since October and nothing was introduced at SHOT.

Just in…JM Custom WC 2.0… loving the fact I don’t need a foam wedge with it.

Name:  989E3646-022B-4F9B-A9D4-00F4DB44A9C6.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  61.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Just in…JM Custom WC 2.0… loving the fact I don’t need a foam wedge with it.
    I'm wearing mine in a JMCK 2.5 (with DCC clips) today.

(I have one of the Mastermind pillows attached...but can get by without any device...based upon early experimentation.)

@Jason M uses the same setup as you have.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    It's a solid combination!

As an aside, Recently I have been shooting the Gen 2.5/3 and the Gen 5 on the training range as a sort of compare and contrast. After careful consideration I do believe that I prefer the earlier generation of the G26. Blasphemy, I know. What follows here are just some ramblings about the venerable G5 and its performance vs that of its predecessors (in my hands).

First off, objectively, they really do perform about the same for me. When using The Test as a metric they are just about the same in score and time. High 90s are the norm for score. The difference is that the G5 is just a little slower. Total times of 9.2 ish vs 8.9 is with the older gun. In reality it's not a meaningful difference to me but the G5 makes me work a little harder to maintain traction on the grip. It likes to slip especially with wet hands.

So analysis for the sake of analysis and all...this got me thinking about sending the G5 to my little brother. He's wanting a G5 and I have a few G2.5/G3 versions. Here are some of the (admittedly subjective) considerations for my preference:

I really dig the feel of the old school NY1 TRS and "-" connector in the earlier guns. It just plain feels better than the G5 to my old school trigger finger.

All of the G5 guns seem to shoot a little low for me with variety of sights. This is even so with the Heinie sights that I really prefer. All of the sights for the G5 seem to have embraced the "drive the dot sight picture". All of my earlier guns are very much tip of front sight. I can get used to it but I like the tip of front sight better.

The issue of "+ 2" magazines. While I usually use a flat bottom mag, in the earlier guns, I can use the Magpul 12 rounder. I really like the way this feels like a G19K bobtail. The G5 only works with the OEM mags and I don't like the feel of the OEM extended base plate. Reloads are an OEM G19 mag so no difference in the generations there.

The size of the grip on earlier generations is perfect for me. I have to add the mid-sized back strap to the G5.

I don't recall ever having a stoppage with the early guns after many thousands of rounds regardless of magazine/ammo used. The G5 has had one or two that were most likely magazine related.

Last but probably the most important issue to me is that of finger grooves. Withe 2 finger grip, I really find the grooves make the gun lock into my hand the best. The G5 is a little less secure. The @GAP grip mod helps but I find that I am replacing the tape often. Before I return to earlier guns full time I'm going to have my soldering iron wielding buddy do my stippling pattern on the G5 to see if that makes a difference.

What do I like about the G5? Some really important things.

The barrel is really accurate.
    The mag catch is very positive.
    I like the ambi slide release a great deal.
    I like the FCS.

There is a lot to like about the function of the G5 but I just don't like that it doesn't lock into my hand as solidly as the older versions. If the stippling changes that I will play with some more sights to see.

Just some ramblings about the venerable G5 and its performance vs that of its predecessors.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

A main Gen 5 benefit, improved accuracy, is not really a consideration for the 26, given how well all the 26 pistols shoot. Do you notice the improved extraction/ejection with the G5 26 that is observed in the other G5 models?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A main Gen 5 benefit, improved accuracy, is not really a consideration for the 26, given how well all the 26 pistols shoot. Do you notice the improved extraction/ejection with the G5 26 that is observed in the other G5 models?
    Most definitely! The G5 26 flings brass like the G45. My earlier G26 guns were made before the G3 and G4 guns that showed ejection issues. They eject reliably but without the force of the G5 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Most definitely! The G5 26 flings brass like the G45. My earlier G26 guns were made before the G3 and G4 guns that showed ejection issues. They eject reliably but without the force of the G5 guns.
    So which wins out, better extraction/ejection or finger grooves?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    That is the question. If the older gun was having ejection related stoppages, hand fit wouldn't matter. For example, I have a G3 19 that often ejects straight up causing the empty to land back in the action causing stoppages. It sits in the safe as a training gun. The older G26 have been reliable despite not having a long brass throw. They do lock into my hand better which leads to more efficient shooting with less effort. I am going to have the G5 gun and a "+2" base plate stippled to see if that allows for a better purchase. If so, I would say it would be the choice.
    Last edited by Jason M; 01-28-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Looking forward to your results @Jason M

I will say that the TALON Grip that @TC215 sent me for the Gen5 G26 has been great. (He sent the version for the gun with the medium backstrap installed.)

Also really like the finger grooves on my Gen2.5 G26. (The ejection is similar to yours...not as powerful as the Gen5, but still reliable.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List