Page 166 of 189 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    You guys still trucking along with your 26's? I sure am. It seems every time I go shoot it and compare it to my 43x/48, it shoots rings around those platforms and I love that I still can use my 17/19 mags for it. carries great in an aiwb for me. I also really cant tell a difference in shooting it with a pinky extension or without, it just shoots like a gen 4 19 that i have. Great guns I tell you...
    I am wearing mine right now at inservice training.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Listings for the Glock 26MOS are starting to appear on distributor websites.:

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?i...GLUA265S201MOS

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

Figures… just as soon as I get my 26 back from MOD1.

I can stop at ANY time!

I was ordering my 2nd G26 Gen 5 from my LGS and they asked if I wanted the MOS version! I was shocked, thought it was never going to happen. I needed up just getting the non MOS, but instantly regretted it. But it’s ok to have THREE G26.5s right? Right? LOL

I had planned on sending in the 2nd G26 and my G28 slides to have them milled. But now will wait and just get the MOS version. Cause if I wait around, I’m sure the MOS version will be sold out.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Can't have just one-dang it!

The thread on State Dept. quals that @TGS described w/a G26 redirected my interest to my GEN5 26 w/irons. I shot the course as written out of an IWB holster, concealed. Shot @SLG 's "Cold Heat" no warmup, passed. 297/300 on the qual, lost points at 25y. I might've cleaned it with a dotted 26, so when these become commonly available, I'll probably get one for belt carry(dang enabling here!). Great little guns.
    I'll keep the irons gun for ankle carry; as someone said just earlier, can't have just one!

I only have two...a Gen2.5 and a Gen5. The 2.5 gets used primarily for annual LEOSA quals now, but was used for on the job quals from 1995 through retirement. In my hands, it and the 19 are neck and neck...with one or the other usually a point or two difference.

The Gen5 was purchased as a "just in case" gun, if the 2.5 had to return to the mother ship for work and I needed a travel firearm for out of state trips to "10 round" states. But even when not traveling, the 26 in either flavor is my most carried gun when I'm not hanging out at home, (or walking distance from home), carrying a J frame.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I’ve had one with an RMR, but I think a 26 MOS with an SCS would be a pretty cool package.
    Thanks to you, I have just now found out about the SCS… and I think this knowledge is going to cost me money.

I’m hoping these drop next week. I’ve been told that I need to grab one as soon as they come in…I’m not sure if that’s because the initial run is going to be small, or if they’re not going to be a regularly offered model. I’ve heard both, but am not positive the info is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I only have two...a Gen2.5 and a Gen5. The 2.5 gets used primarily for annual LEOSA quals now, but was used for on the job quals from 1995 through retirement. In my hands, it and the 19 are neck and neck...with one or the other usually a point or two difference.

The Gen5 was purchased as a "just in case" gun, if the 2.5 had to return to the mother ship for work and I needed a travel firearm for out of state trips to "10 round" states. But even when not traveling, the 26 in either flavor is my most carried gun when I'm not hanging out at home, (or walking distance from home), carrying a J frame.
    Thank you, @blues. I’m reminded of a saying I heard first from Clint Smith: “two is one, and one is none”. As my eyes (and the rest) age, I’m thankful for the dot technology. And if I think about it critically, the odds of me taking a “long”(+15y) shot in my admin./office existence are slim. So the G26 gets carried a fair amount because it shoots well for its size for me.
    I had an early 26, but it went to one of my daughters. So I reckon I’ll start saving up!

26MOS with a light rail is my new dream gun. TLR7 is perfect for that gun. Can be used in a full size Glock safariland in a pinch, or pared down to an ankle holster for court. With the 12rd Magpul mags the recoil difference between a 26 and 19 is negligible, only reloads get slowed down. There’s no LE qual out there that can’t be smoked with a G26 and it’s not until you get to mid south standards level that the mag reload speed actually makes it dicey.

User Tag List