Page 134 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I bought a Gen 5 26 in August of last year. I just could not jive with it. I seemed to shoot it low and even changing out the sights seemed harder to shoot than my than previous generations. I sold it and have been carrying my j frame and my 19 since. There has been a nagging that I didnt have a 26. There are times I just wish I had a smaller higher capacity option and the 26 checks those boxes. I have a long standing love/hate relationships with 26's. I found one yesterday on a local forum and met the guy and now have another. I bought a Gen 5 with talon type grip tape and Trijicon HD's.
    I took the gun to the range yesterday and I like it. Any issue with the gun is on my and I shoot it as accurate as my 19 if I do my part and could see that even getting better. I dont know if I will keep the HDs or maybe install a set of Defoor sights because I really like that sight picture and have it on my 34.
    I’ve owned, maybe, 4 26s over the decades? I ended up selling them, because the next shiny thing, but I keep coming back to “doubling the capacity of my J-frame” thinking. *le sigh.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Alright GAP (and other 26 long term users), how is that long term 26 going for you guys? Like minds want to keep in the know...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Alright GAP (and other 26 long term users), how is that long term 26 going for you guys? Like minds want to keep in the know...
    Mine are still running strong, nothing new to report… +2 OEM mag, Ameriglo sights, and a gadget.

I doubt I’ll go to anything else.. if my eyes go bad (or I get bored) I’ll add a dot.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Mine are still running strong, nothing new to report… +2 OEM mag, Ameriglo sights, and a gadget.

I doubt I’ll go to anything else.. if my eyes go bad (or I get bored) I’ll add a dot.
    Not on my watch.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Mine are still running strong. I finally had them stippled. The GAP mod traction tape was needing to be replaced on a too regular basis. Also, my 43X and 48 have been sold off. The 26 is my permanent standard 10 round gun because it fights like a bigger gun and can be scaled up as described before. The 10 round slim line guns just don't perform as well for me. The 43 is being kept as it is a wonderful NPE belt mounted (vs a pocket carried J frame) choice. The RCS Vanguard with a DCC pocket clip if completely hidden under a tucked in shirt.
    Last edited by Jason M; 04-20-2022 at 09:33 PM.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not on my watch.
    Luddite! Curmudgeon!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

Still running my G26.3. Traction tape on front strap, SCD, Trijicon HDs.

I checked out a G26.5 a few weeks ago. Unless something dramatic happens to my Gen 3, or I convince myself I must have a 2nd G26, I probably will just continue to stick with the G26.3.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

I checked out a G26.5 a few weeks ago. Unless something dramatic happens to my Gen 3, or I convince myself I must have a 2nd G26, I probably will just continue to stick with the G26.3.
    I've been toting the 26.5 but the 26.3 and earlier are sold performers with sights that I like best. The search for sights for the .5 continues.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Luddite! Curmudgeon!
    Guilty as charged. Hang the wretch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

I have one of each. Well, the 2.5 version which is the same as the 3.

Since getting the Gen5, I use the older version for my LEOSA quals and carry the Gen5...but it could easily go either way without any reluctance whatsoever.

User Tag List