Page 124 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Stripping work must be slow.
    The slower they go the more money they make.

G26.5 content: I've put a few rounds through my new one, and though the stock plastic placeholder sights seem to shoot close enough for government work to my preferred loads (147gr Ranger, and my 147gr handloads), I'm debating on what sights to put on it, since a mill job and RMR are a bit down the road right now. Go cheapish, and order a set of steel Glock sights, or spring for Ameriglows with a square rear notch. I have a "thin" .125" wide, .190" tall Ameriglow green front sitting in the parts bin, and I wonder where that'd shoot with the stock plastic rear, or if one of my other rear take off sights would work.

Decisions, decisions.

I also ordered some of the Pearce Gen5 extensions, and some OEM +2's to play with... but apparently Glockmeister is shipping them via camel, from inner Mongolia.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    The slower they go the more money they make.

G26.5 content: I've put a few rounds through my new one, and though the stock plastic placeholder sights seem to shoot close enough for government work to my preferred loads (147gr Ranger, and my 147gr handloads), I'm debating on what sights to put on it, since a mill job and RMR are a bit down the road right now. Go cheapish, and order a set of steel Glock sights, or spring for Ameriglows with a square rear notch. I have a "thin" .125" wide, .190" tall Ameriglow green front sitting in the parts bin, and I wonder where that'd shoot with the stock plastic rear, or if one of my other rear take off sights would work.

Decisions, decisions.

I also ordered some of the Pearce Gen5 extensions, and some OEM +2's to play with... but apparently Glockmeister is shipping them via camel, from inner Mongolia.
    The sights I posted earlier in this thread are just about perfect on a G26.

Essentially .180 height front with .256 height rear. If you want to use the .190 just do some math to get the same offset and order the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    The sights I posted earlier in this thread are just about perfect on a G26.

Trust me, I've been paying attention. I've got a few various OEM plastic rears in different heights, so I may just tinker around with those to start. I have a setup like what you like on my standard 19.5, and I like those.

Site Supporter
    The biggest problem with OEM Glock sight is that the front post is too wide and the rear notch is too narrow for that front post. Whatever you choose to replace them will likely have a much better relationship between the front post width and rear notch width. If you are not looking for Tritium, Ameriglo offers front sights in different widths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

The model number is PG-G526
    Where are you guys getting these from? I ordered a couple from Glockmeister, but its been 8 days, and they have not charged my card, shipped, or sent me a notice of backorder, so I'm looking for alternate sources that ship a little faster. I did see that I can order from Pearce direct, and maybe that is what I need to do, but $16+ to have it shipped ( single item ) is holding me up.

Shooting my Gen 4 26, something I noticed was the last case goes straight up rather than out to the side like the others. I also missed forward serrations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Where are you guys getting these from? I ordered a couple from Glockmeister, but its been 8 days, and they have not charged my card, shipped, or sent me a notice of backorder, so I'm looking for alternate sources that ship a little faster. I did see that I can order from Pearce direct, and maybe that is what I need to do, but $16+ to have it shipped ( single item ) is holding me up.
    Check a site called “Nimrod wares.” They sell bulk packs.

I just checked the Pearce website and they are showing in stock at the $9.95 price point. Unless you guys are getting them allot cheaper somewhere else, I would just get them from Pearce.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    I just checked the Pearce website and they are showing in stock at the $9.95 price point. Unless you guys are getting them allot cheaper somewhere else, I would just get them from Pearce.
    I agree - $6 shipping isn’t bad these days at all.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Shooting my Gen 4 26, something I noticed was the last case goes straight up rather than out to the side like the others. I also missed forward serrations.
    That was the malfunction that was plaguing the later G3 and early G4 guns. I think it was Wayne Dobbs that posted about the cause of that particular stoppage being the extractor letting go of the casing before reaching the ejector. That caused reliance upon the "next" round in the mag for ejection. When they are all gone the last casing can do what you are describing. My G3 19 that lives in the safe does that even after replacing all the suspect parts. I think the G4 can be remedied with the Apex extractor and the HRED doo-hickey. The G5 guns with that extra groove in breach face, opposite of the extractor really seem to reduce the chances of that stoppage.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List