Page 47 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I had, and sold, a G43. To me, it was too small/thin/slick, making it very "squirmy" in recoil.

Part of the problem for me is this - the G43 was much easier to control and shoot than an LCR, but IT'S A GLOCK, so I want it to shoot like my G19 or G26, and when it shoots more like an over-grown LCP, I'm disappointed. Not the pistol's fault, it's just a matter of my unreasonable expectations.

I do wish GLOCK would put the Gen4/5 grip texturing on the Slimline series - I think it would make the pistols light years easier to shoot at speed.

Having said all that, and hating myself for even saying it, the P365 does everything better than the G43, in a package that's even smaller than the GLOCK. If the P365 weren't made by Sig, with all the issues that brings regarding QC of internal components, distaste for the company's ethics, etc, it would be my absolute "go to" for a very small 9mm. At this point, I'm back to just a G19 and G26, and desperately fighting the temptation to get another P365 (which makes the G26 look and feel positively full sized!).
    I love the flexibility of a 26.....have you tried a 43x vs a 365? It is notably lighter and thinner than a 26. Just not pocketable.

The 26 is a better shooter but....the 43x is a good step up from the 43

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I love the flexibility of a 26.....have you tried a 43x vs a 365? It is notably lighter and thinner than a 26. Just not pocketable.

The 26 is a better shooter but....the 43x is a good step up from the 43
    I'm in the process of selling off my 43X. Yes, it's more shootable than the 43, but not as shootable as the G26. The grip length is an issue for me with concealment - and frankly, I'm growing less and less enamored with Glocks all around - I'm finding I have to struggle more and more to make them work for me, which, given the wide range of options, seems like wasted time and effort.

What is the alternative to Glock for you and why not use one of those instead of getting a 26?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    What is the alternative to Glock for you and why not use one of those instead of getting a 26?
    At this point, P365, P365XL, and Hellcat. Issues:

1. My "summer gun" frequently gets wet during outdoor activities like kayaking, and I have the most destructive sweat known to science (and plenty of it!). I have concerns about recovering any of the above if it gets submerged for any period of time; and I've heard reports of P365/XL mags rusting. With the Glock, it takes a matter of seconds to detail strip and dry out completely with a hair drier, and the mags are as rust proof as you could ask.

2. I don't trust Sig QC. There, I said it. I know too much about Sig's current part sourcing and assembly process to be leery of their ability to put out any pistol, let alone one with as many complex fiddly bits as the P365/XL.

3. The Hellcat is an unknown quantity. Hasn't been out long enough to get enough VALID reviews (not the "mine has been flawless through 200 rounds BS that passes as a "test" on most internet sites) to know if it's reliable, accurate, and will hold up over the long haul.

At this point, my "summer" gun is an LCR loaded with 148 gr WC for pocket carry/gym short waistband carry where the G26 won't answer the mail due to size and weight. And, frankly, I'm shooting 1911s so much more, and LOVING everything about them, that I've even started thinking about a 911 9mm - same size/weight/capacity as a G43, but more shootable. Of course, it has all the issues with complexity of recovery after submersion as the P365, and it's a Springfield, so...

Stone the apostate! There is no substitute.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    I'm in the process of selling off my 43X. Yes, it's more shootable than the 43, but not as shootable as the G26. The grip length is an issue for me with concealment - and frankly, I'm growing less and less enamored with Glocks all around - I'm finding I have to struggle more and more to make them work for me, which, given the wide range of options, seems like wasted time and effort.
    Oh, you’ll be back. You always come back...

Cool

My God man!! What are you drinking?

Or maybe someone drilled holes in your head.

Or maybe you have Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post

Or maybe you have Covid.
    I think Covid 19 is for the G19.

Must be the Covid 26 strain.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hammertime
    1. My "summer gun" frequently gets wet during outdoor activities like kayaking, and I have the most destructive sweat known to science (and plenty of it!). I have concerns about recovering any of the above if it gets submerged for any period of time; and I've heard reports of P365/XL mags rusting. With the Glock, it takes a matter of seconds to detail strip and dry out completely with a hair drier, and the mags are as rust proof as you could ask.
    Whoa. I don’t think there is a better gun made for that application than a Glock unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post

Or maybe you have Covid.

I’d go 26, I’m just wondering what he was going to do alternatively

User Tag List