Page 160 of 189 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I hope you didn't think any of my banter above was intended seriously. In no way do I think my way is the way. Never have, never will.
    Gawd no...and my post certainly wasn't directed at you, mon frere!

I prefer iron sights on my pistols and I'll reach for my 12g before my 7.62...even though I often read how these opinions are unconsidered and wrong. Doesn't really faze me, I just mentally take a sip of beer and snarl at them to get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

I prefer iron sights on my pistols and I'll reach for my 12g before my 7.62...even though I often read how these opinions are unconsidered and wrong. Doesn't really faze me, I just mentally take a sip of beer and snarl at them to get off my lawn.
    We're Luddites and we're proud.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Reporting back - the NY-1 trigger sprung in my G26.5 is a good combination.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Like Joe Wambaugh wrote: God save us from the Philistines who move their lips when they read.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 01-28-2023 at 06:38 PM.

Don't get into fights
    Avoid needing red dot sights
    You heard it here first

If you have to use it, make it a shooting, not a gunfight..

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

After shooting people with 5.56 and seeing the aftermath of a 12gauhe shooting

12 Guage > 556 within 50 yards. Hands down

Steering things a bit back on track here...

RM07 mounted up very snug in the Jagerwerks cut. At first I was a bit worried it was too tight, but some light tapping with the butt of a screwdriver got the sight seated okay, and everything torqued down tight with the sealing plate and Loctite in place. I'd say it was slightly tighter fit than the more snug of the Forward Controls plates I've used on MOS guns before this. I torqued to 15 in-lbs, as I couldn't recall the spec Trijicon suggests, and Jagerwerks doesn't list a suggested torque on their website. I used silver sharpie to witness mark the screw heads. The nitride they did over the cut/slide looks a feels a lot like the original Gen5 finish. Machine work looked clean. They included the extra set of screws I ordered, and a small torx wrench (which was set aside, in favor of proper tools). The extractor side screw hole does pass through into the tunnel for the extractor depressor plunger, but it seemed to function correctly after I reassembled the slide.

Before I mounted the RMR, I put on a set of these "low witness" CHPWS iron sights: https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...nd-black-rear/ (hat tip to @GJM on the suggestion to check CHPWS) They are a serrated and rounded rear, with a fiber front. I chose to try the green fiber first, to help avoid confusing the dot and front sight. My other guns have Ameriglo GL-429's, and the CHPWS sights are for sure a very low co-witness. I'm not sure I'm sold on the fiber front, as the other RMR'd guns are plain black. Worst case I'll find some .060" black rod, and stuff it in that front sight instead (Dawson sells black and white .060" inserts). I couldn't force my phone to get a good picture of the "low witness" of the sights, but I may try again when I have more time to tinker with settings. They do free up a fair amount of space at the bottom of the window compared to my MOS/FCD OPF-G/RMR/GL-429 combos. The rear sight is very rounded, and narrower, and also has a set screw in the notch.

I hope to get it out to the range later this week for zeroing with carry ammo, and to give it a few hundred rounds of shakedown before I consider carrying it. The gun was reliable for the first 1000 rounds I put through it, before sending it off for the cut, so I suspect I'll have no problems now, but I want to make sure.
    Last edited by WDR; 01-31-2023 at 12:59 AM.

Site Supporter
    Ain't that the truth. But it's like the man said about that guy who kissed the mule in the ass. To each his own. I know two folks who put a red dot on their derringer. All the Hi-Point pistol shooters on the HP website have dots on their gats. Half of this group are Navy Seals.

@WDR

Your setup looks really good. I am still playing with a P365XL with a dot. I am leaving the irons on my G26’s for now. In some cases I prefer the dot but in others, I am more comfortable with irons… we’ll see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Steering things a bit back on track here...

RM07 mounted up very snug in the Jagerwerks cut. At first I was a bit worried it was too tight, but some light tapping with the butt of a screwdriver got the sight seated okay, and everything torqued down tight with the sealing plate and Loctite in place. I'd say it was slightly tighter fit than the more snug of the Forward Controls plates I've used on MOS guns before this. I torqued to 15 in-lbs, as I couldn't recall the spec Trijicon suggests, and Jagerwerks doesn't list a suggested torque on their website. I used silver sharpie to witness mark the screw heads. The nitride they did over the cut/slide looks a feels a lot like the original Gen5 finish. Machine work looked clean. They included the extra set of screws I ordered, and a small torx wrench (which was set aside, in favor of proper tools). The extractor side screw hole does pass through into the tunnel for the extractor depressor plunger, but it seemed to function correctly after I reassembled the slide.

Before I mounted the RMR, I put on a set of these "low witness" CHPWS iron sights: https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...nd-black-rear/ (hat tip to @GJM on the suggestion to check CHPWS) They are a serrated and rounded rear, with a fiber front. I chose to try the green fiber first, to help avoid confusing the dot and front sight. My other guns have Ameriglo GL-429's, and the CHPWS sights are for sure a very low co-witness. I'm not sure I'm sold on the fiber front, as the other RMR'd guns are plain black. Worst case I'll find some .060" black rod, and stuff it in that front sight instead (Dawson sells black and white .060" inserts). I couldn't force my phone to get a good picture of the "low witness" of the sights, but I may try again when I have more time to tinker with settings. They do free up a fair amount of space at the bottom of the window compared to my MOS/FCD OPF-G/RMR/GL-429 combos. The rear sight is very rounded, and narrower, and also has a set screw in the notch.

I hope to get it out to the range later this week for zeroing with carry ammo, and to give it a few hundred rounds of shakedown before I consider carrying it. The gun was reliable for the first 1000 rounds I put through it, before sending it off for the cut, so I suspect I'll have no problems now, but I want to make sure.
    I would shorten the screw so it doesn't intrude.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List