Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Everything is a compromise. For me, reliability is king. That is the mechanical component that I cannot control.

You can handle and shoot any gun well if you put the work in.

Seriously, too many people lose sleep over chasing the next best thing. Just pick one and roll with it; but, make it one that is reliable and one you want to carry in 90 degree weather or you’ll leave it home.
    I agree reliability is #1. I was referring to the two points being discussed with Psalms144.

RE any gun being acceptable if you put in the work...maybe. I've seen some terrible designs with very heavy, crunchy triggers, bad sights and sharp parts that might get you by in a pinch but would hardly encourage the level of practice you would need to overcome the other bad elements.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post

Next trip to the eye doc I will see if they can build me some glasses that will allow me to see the sights without tipping my head way back.
    Apologies for the non-G26 comment in this thread, but if ya'll will permit me jumping in with this remark:

I did just this exact thing last year and boy am I glad I did. I was getting new glasses and contacts at the doc, and asked if they could make me a prescription and order me a pair of single vision glasses focused EXACTLY on my front sight. The lady fitting me was not super-familiar with guns, so I did an "air gun" stance and extended my arms out as if to hold a gun, and said, ok, here is what I look like shooting. Notice my head is tilted slightly forward, and I need to be focusing precisely on the spot about 3" forward of my thumbs at this exact point.

She did some measuring of where my eyes centered, went and plugged it into her machine and said, ok, we can order them for you. Price was not too expensive and I selected frames similar to what I normally wear.

The results are fantastic. Now when I go to the range or shoot a match I can finally see my front sight in laser focus when I am in a shooting position. I really really wish I had done this much earlier in my shooting progression.

Finally got to get the new 26 Gen5 to the "neighbor range". Put a little over a 100 rounds of carry and training ammo through the gun. Very pleased with the way it shot, and that I had a spot of sunshine between bouts of rain.

Great little gun...and a great addition.

It's all cleaned and gussied up now.

(Needed to center the rear sight a bit as it was biased to the left. Neighbor had his Wheeler available, got it centered within .001" , side to side.)
    Last edited by blues; 05-28-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

@blues - - - Glad you are pleased with and have a capable successor/companion to your older G26.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    @blues - - - Glad you are pleased with and have a capable successor/companion to your older G26.
    Old one, at least for now is gonna be relegated to LEOSA quals. This one will be for carry.

Thanks, Buzz.

Forgot to mention that I tested the 12 round OEM magazines in addition to the standard 10 round OEMs. I didn't see much, if any, difference in my shooting with either.

This is the first time I've had the OEM 12's. I gotta say, I'm not crazy about the rattle that both of mine exhibit when fully loaded with 12 rounds. (Slapping the mags down on the witness hole side made no difference.)

But otherwise, everything worked as intended.

@blues...glad you finally got to run some rounds through your new roscoe!

General fyi:

I spoke to a rep at Magpul yesterday and she informs me that she is not aware of any plans to update their 12rd G26 mag to be compatible with gen 5 Glocks. She further stated that if/when there are new products available, they will likely not be announced until SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

General fyi:

I spoke to a rep at Magpul yesterday and she informs me that she is not aware of any plans to update their 12rd G26 mag to be compatible with gen 5 Glocks. She further stated that if/when there are new products available, they will likely not be announced until SHOT.
    Thanks for that, @Gun Mutt. I didn't bother to bring them out, (I have five), with the new 26. They'll be relegated for sole use with the Gen 2.5 with which they've been completely reliable.

The Gen 2.5 will henceforth be my LEOSA qualification gun, and backup in the event the Gen5 needs service at the mother ship for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

General fyi:

Thanks for the info regarding Magpul mags with Gen5 Glocks. I tried Magpul Glock 19 mags in my G19Gen5 and they also didn't function 100%. As I recall, the slide was locking back when there was one round left in the mag. I remember Mrgunsngear's Youtube video showed the same thing occurring. I ended up trading those Magpul Glock mags away to a friend. The Magpul Glock mags worked fine with pre-Gen5 Glocks, btw.

I'm still using a G26Gen3 and haven't (yet) gone to a Gen5 for that Glock model. I've only gone to Gen5 with my G19 and G17, when the Gen5 first came out. I've also used my G26gen3 for LEOSA & ccw qualifications a few times, but allowed to carry any handgun with my permits whether I've qualified with them or not.
    Last edited by L-2; 05-29-2020 at 12:09 PM.

So, does everyone's OEM 12 rounders rattle when full?

Anyone have any issues with OEM (not Magpul) 12 rounders FTF or FTE?

I may just use the ones I got for carrying a spare mag, and carry the 10 rounder in the gun. (Though it will probably slow the draw some...)

User Tag List