Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Glock 26 Gen 5

Well.. I said I was happy with my Gen 4’s and I wasn’t going to do it, but..

I just picked up my Gen 5 Glock 26 today! Upon inspection, I noticed a big, proud “USA” on the slide. I had no idea there was a mix of USA and Austria made slides on the market.

I will be putting my favorite Ameriglo sights and a Gadget on it tonight and plan to put about 500 rounds through it this weekend. I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but so far I am really liking the grip without the finger grooves.

The other pleasant surprise is the trigger, wow! It is very smooth and “rolls” until a crisp break; there’s basically no wall right before the break any more.

Did anyone else pick up a Gen 5 Glock 26 yet or plan to?

Name:  1EEB2616-7758-4D68-BF2F-825DF7EA5E45.jpg
Views: 20812
Size:  42.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Well.. I said I was happy with my Gen 4’s and I wasn’t going to do it, but..

I just picked up my Gen 5 Glock 26 today! Upon inspection, I noticed a big, proud “USA” on the slide. I had no idea there was a mix of USA and Austria made slides on the market.

I will be putting my favorite Ameriglo sights and a Gadget on it tonight and plan to put about 500 rounds through it this weekend. I didn’t think it would be a big deal, but so far I am really liking the grip without the finger grooves.

The other pleasant surprise is the trigger, wow! It is very smooth and “rolls” until a crisp break; there’s basically no wall right before the break any more.

Did anyone else pick up a Gen 5 Glock 26 yet or plan to?

Name:  1EEB2616-7758-4D68-BF2F-825DF7EA5E45.jpg
Views: 20812
Size:  42.2 KB
    First, congrats

I'm planning on getting a 43 and/or 26 shortly. Did you have a gen 4 26 also? If so, does the gen 5 fit the gen 4 holsters?

I'll be following this thread. Have fun and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    First, congrats

I'm planning on getting a 43 and/or 26 shortly. Did you have a gen 4 26 also? If so, does the gen 5 fit the gen 4 holsters?

I'll be following this thread. Have fun and enjoy!
    Thanks - yes, I have several Gen 4’s. The 26 is my favorite of the Glock line and my primary EDC.

I had a couple of new holsters made recently to accommodate the ambidextrous slide stop; I believe JM makes all of his now with Gen 5 compatibility.

I can’t get over the trigger. My sample of one is quite different and remarkably better than my Gen 4’s; we shall see during live fire, though.

I'm fond of the finger groove on my gen4 G26. Do you find it doesn't matter much on the gen5? (with no mag extensions)

Looking forward to your range report, G.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Love my little G26.5.

Gadget plus black rears and a 0.165” Front Ameriglo.

I really like it.

I hear you on the trigger. I’m new to Glocks but it seems most unGlocklike (meaning, a nice rolling break). To me it feels like a 1/2” VP9 trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Love my little G26.5.

Gadget plus black rears and a 0.165” Front Ameriglo.
    Curious, is your slide USA or Austria? I have .180” Ameriglo fronts on all of my Glocks paired with the .265” operator rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I'm fond of the finger groove on my gen4 G26. Do you find it doesn't matter much on the gen5? (with no mag extensions)
    I generally don’t mind the finger grooves either. I never use magazine extensions; I’ve tried a few, but I don’t like them.

I will have to see how live fire goes. I have really high hopes in the accuracy department, since I know what I can do with my Gen 4’s.

Site Supporter
    I have a Gen3. I am considering getting a second one, or a G19, and deciding on the generation is part of the debate. Besides money.

Site Supporter
    Is the trigger like that of the 43? The trigger in my 43 is distinct of my other Glocks and I think it attributes to my accuracy with the 43.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is the trigger like that of the 43? The trigger in my 43 is distinct of my other Glocks and I think it attributes to my accuracy with the 43.
    I never shot a 43, but I would imagine so because the safety plungers are shaped similarly now.

User Tag List