Page 29 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I wish they had the breach face cut but I’m going to get one anyway. Seems like they’re running fine without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just wanna know where things are heading before I decide to add another 26 to the Gen 2.5 I've had since they first came out. I'll be annoyed if I don't get the latest and greatest, though I'm pretty darn sure I'd be perfectly happy with a Gen 4.
    Last edited by blues; 01-19-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    If I ever have to replace my G26.3, if I get a new one, it’ll be a gen 5. If I get a deal on another .3 or a .4, I’ll grab it and use it. This is my most carried, most used gun since I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just wanna know where things are heading before I decide to add another 26 to the Gen 2.5 I've had since they first came out. I'll be annoyed if I don't get the latest and greatest, though I'm pretty darn sure I'd be perfectly happy with a Gen 4.
    Fair point. I like the gen 5 triggers and ameriglo sights enough to go that direction, but I don’t have a 26 now. If I had a gen 3 or 4 already I probably would leave well enough alone.

My one and only 26 which is a Gen 5 has ran excellent for the 750ish or so rounds I’ve put through it including about 250 rounds of various defensive ammo. I’ve owned about 25 Glocks of various generations over the years and I owned one early Gen 4 with the Brass to Face issue that was fixed to 90ish percent with an Apex Extractor. My 26.5 is also a laser with Gold Dot and I like this thing much more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    My one and only 26 which is a Gen 5 has ran excellent for the 750ish or so rounds I’ve put through it including about 250 rounds of various defensive ammo. I’ve owned about 25 Glocks of various generations over the years and I owned one early Gen 4 with the Brass to Face issue that was fixed to 90ish percent with an Apex Extractor. My 26.5 is also a laser with Gold Dot and I like this thing much more than I thought I would.
    26 has been my most carried firearm since it came out. Does everything well, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you can wait, look for a 26, gen5 with the front slide serrations. That will have the updated ejection and breech face cut. I have a Glock 19 and a 45 with the breech face cuts and it definitely makes a difference...

All new production gen5 9mm's going forward will have these changes. Personally, I could live with or without the front slide serrations. But the change in ejection with the breech face cuts is dramatic and worth it.

I've been without a Glock 26 for about 18 months. Once I see a blue label gen5 26 in stock with the changes, I plan on buying one.

Mine has front serrations and was ordered from Glock two weeks ago.

No breechface cut like my 17 has.

I've cooled off a little over the weekend and want to like the gun. I love the size.

All stoppages save for one was from the 17 mag. It's a known good mag.

Why would it fail more with that mag?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Mine has front serrations and was ordered from Glock two weeks ago.

No breechface cut like my 17 has.
    The 26.5 I was looking at in the LGS had front serrations and no breach face cut as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I've cooled off a little over the weekend and want to like the gun. I love the size.

All stoppages save for one was from the 17 mag. It's a known good mag.

Why would it fail more with that mag?
    Are you having the stoppage with the 17 mag full or almost empty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List