Page 183 of 189 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1885

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Do you actually use yellow?
    Yes, I put a piece on right after it arrived. I thought about orange, but went with yellow. I'm 56, and the bright color helps my tired, old eyes. The other tape is 80 grit, but it's black. If the yellow doesn't irritate my skin away on some dryfire runs, I'll keep it and send the black back. Plus, I needed some yellow for my front steps.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    I don't think my curves are as accurate as @Gun Mutt but I tried.

Name:  20231224_085314.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  98.5 KB
    --Jason--

The Gen 5 Glock 26 has become my daily carry for the most part. I love being able to carry it in a pocket holster for quick runs to the store. If I am going out someplace and I expect trouble to be more likely I will pack the Glock 17. But if I am just going to the corner store, the Glock 26 is usually my go to gun.

This is gonna be a weird question, but has anyone ankle carried a G26 with an optic on it?

I'm debating this as an option for certain situations... and have no idea if any of the ankle holsters would be compatible with such a thing.

Not yet…

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    This is gonna be a weird question, but has anyone ankle carried a G26 with an optic on it?

I'm debating this as an option for certain situations... and have no idea if any of the ankle holsters would be compatible with such a thing.
    Short answer, no. I am not aware of an ankle holster specifically built for that. The 26MOS is a new thing, and will take time for things to catch up. My usual ankle holster is a vintage Alesssi, and the slide guard would block an optic. I can see it as a possibility with a custom holster. My ankle 26 is an early Gen5 with BOLD iron night sights. I have worn an ankle holster off and on for around 40 years. A 649 back in the day as a Deputy, and a 19 or a 26 in an Alessi since the 90s; credit to Peter Tarley for getting Lou Alessi to make them.
    I *think* one would be best served with an enclosed optic like the Holosun EPS. The gun is near the ground, and there’s plenty of dust that is collected. In 30 years or so, I haven’t had a stoppage, but I do pay a bit of attention and blow or wipe the piece every few days.
    I’m saving my pennies for an MOS and holsters to support. I think it is certainly doable.

Site Supporter

I would not want that much weight on my ankle all day. However, this holster would work.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl...1214_1414.html
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would not want that much weight on my ankle all day. However, this holster would work.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl...1214_1414.html
    I can confirm that holster works with w/ G26MOS & Holosun EPS. I bought it for suit carry but have reached a point where modern pants aren’t baggy enough at the legs to carry like that any longer.

I carried one on the ankle pretty much daily for several years at work, usually while wearing "mid" high hiking boots or the like. Depending on trousers, it was "concealed" or really not concealed. I'd assume sticking an optic on it would make it even harder to conceal.

More importantly, unless you're going to use a fully enclosed optic like an EPS, the optic lens is likely to be FULL of lint, all the time. I had to blow lint off my ankle G26 at the end of every day to avoid worrying about whether it would go bang when I needed it. Can't imagine how much lint that lens would catch over the course of several hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't think my curves are as accurate as @Gun Mutt but I tried.

Name:  20231224_085314.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  98.5 KB
    What trigger setup is that?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    What trigger setup is that?
    Apex Duty Trigger. One came in my Boresight Solutions G19 and a few P-F'ers give it a positive review. I liked it in my G19 so bought one for my G26.
    --Jason--

User Tag List