Page 177 of 189 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Doesn't the 43x already have a rail though? That's same length and is slimmer. We will probably only get the railed 26 if some large institutional user requires it.
    Just because it has a rail doesn’t mean hanging something off that rail will not have a detrimental effect on function.

It’s not a coincidence the FBI, which encourages WML on G19/G17s, prohibits hanging anything off 43x.

The overall length of the slide may be the same, but the recall spring assembly, which has significant effect in the timing window in the cycle of operation is not the same.

Glock 26’s work exceptionally well for a small-ish gun.

The slim Glocks are not the equal of the standard service sized Glocks (including the G26).
    Last edited by HCM; 09-20-2023 at 09:55 PM.

I can definitely shoot a a Glock 19 better than a G26 with a flat base plate ten round magazine. However, there is a simple $25 mod that makes a 26 shoot as well as a 19.

Name:  IMG_5007.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  66.8 KB

I am always amazed how well all generation 26 pistols shoot. In my experience, as or more accurate than any Glock 9mm pistol. We just put the optic on the new 26 MOS yesterday. I shot five rounds of Gold Dot from 18 yards and got this. Only previously zeroed with the Wheeler laser.

Name:  IMG_4999.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  49.7 KB

Dialed some correction and shot again.

Name:  IMG_5001.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  49.0 KB

Then my wife shot from 20 yards, strong hand only, with four rounds of Gold Dot.

Name:  IMG_5002.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  42.0 KB

Then from 20 with 124 Lawman.

Name:  IMG_5003.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  37.7 KB

Then another five from 20, and she called "one flyer."

Name:  IMG_5004.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  43.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’ll concur with that observation, @GJM. I’ve had G26s since their introduction. At a range decades ago, I tagged a small USPSA popper at something like 75 yards-first round from a 26 with Trijicon sights. One of those you remember…
    Fast forward 20+ years, and I have a GEN5 26 on my ankle, which is the smaller brother to my 19. I kind of like the iron sight version- @blues can’t be wrong!- but I look forward to the MOS version. Why not both?!?
    Great shooting by the lady! She should shoot that in a match with larger mags!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    I’ll concur with that observation, @GJM. I’ve had G26s since their introduction. At a range decades ago, I tagged a small USPSA popper at something like 75 yards-first round from a 26 with Trijicon sights. One of those you remember…
    Fast forward 20+ years, and I have a GEN5 26 on my ankle, which is the smaller brother to my 19. I kind of like the iron sight version- @blues can’t be wrong!- but I look forward to the MOS version. Why not both?!?
    Great shooting by the lady! She should shoot that in a match with larger mags!
    You'd either better stop stalking me or else invite me over for a drink.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    G26.5 MOS picked up today, SCS and Apex trigger are installed. I need an SCD for it and a trip to the range to zero the SCS. Then we'll see if it carries easier than my G19. I just purchased an Engima and it carries a lot better than my light bearing and Express Engima; which surprised me because they both carry well. I may run two Glocks(26 & 19) at the next defensive pistol shoot to see how they compare. I'm trying to decide if I want to carry with the 12 round magazine or keep it low profile and carry with the flush 10 round magazine with a Gee Plate installed.
    --Jason--

I need to sell off something, but I think a G26 MOS or a milled G26 is in my future - with a 6MOA EPS.

Still rocking my G26 Gen 5 with orange Ameriglo sights every day. I am glad this thread is still alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Still rocking my G26 Gen 5 with orange Ameriglo sights every day. I am glad this thread is still alive and well.
    Glad to see you alive and well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just because it has a rail doesn’t mean hanging something off that rail will not have a detrimental effect on function.

It’s not a coincidence the FBI, which encourages WML on G19/G17s, prohibits hanging anything off 43x.

The overall length of the slide may be the same, but the recall spring assembly, which has significant effect in the timing window in the cycle of operation is not the same.

Glock 26’s work exceptionally well for a small-ish gun.

The slim Glocks are not the equal of the standard service sized Glocks (including the G26).
    I'm not saying this is wrong, but I'm curious if there are testing results out there for the G26 or G43x with lights mounted? I.e. is the FBI prohibition you mention due to negative findings, or the fact that the guns have not yet been vetted with the possible lights?

I would think Glock would at least do some testing before adding a rail to the 43x, considering the initial Gen 4 wml problems. And it would be surprising if the 43x could handle it but not the g26, which is way closer to the full size guns.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    I'm not saying this is wrong, but I'm curious if there are testing results out there for the G26 or G43x with lights mounted? I.e. is the FBI prohibition you mention due to negative findings, or the fact that the guns have not yet been vetted with the possible lights?

I would think Glock would at least do some testing before adding a rail to the 43x, considering the initial Gen 4 wml problems. And it would be surprising if the 43x could handle it but not the g26, which is way closer to the full size guns.
    Glock told the bureau to not bother testing the slimline guns with lights attached because they wouldn't pass the bureau's tests.

User Tag List