Page 88 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

My wife carried a G26, Gen 3 and later 5, in a Rosen Upper Limit at 330 with a flat base plate, for ten years as her EDC. The short barrel really shines in that application.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am amazed we have an 88 page thread, so far, and not a single video of someone shooting a G5/26. You guys need to get busy!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @GAP recommends hitting it with a hair dryer to ensure good adhesive contact.

I may or may not have, I can't recall for certain because I may be confusing doing so with the Talon Grip I have on my Gen 5, where I definitely used the wife's hair blower.

I use the grip tape on my blue guns as well.
    I hit the grip with an alcohol wipe before placing tape. I have not tried the hair dryer yet.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I hit the grip with an alcohol wipe before placing tape. I have not tried the hair dryer yet.
    I did the same, Jason.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I would be careful with a hair dryer or heat gun, because I warped a G42 lower applying a Talon too vigorously.

I went back to my G19 sized JMCK "George" today (with PTD loops) for carry. Have been carrying in the G17 sized DSG Orion for quite a spell.

It was nice to wear a holster with the smaller footprint of the JMCK. I use it with one of the earlier (large) versions of Mastermind's wedges and the gun tucks into the torso (comfortably) like nobody's business. No dimple at the slide corner, no print at the grip end. And the drape of the t-shirt hid the PTDs.

It was like rediscovering an old friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would be careful with a hair dryer or heat gun, because I warped a G42 lower applying a Talon too vigorously.
    I wouldn't use my heat gun on a Glock, for sure...but judicious use of the wife's hair blower from a distance was fine with the Talon grips. But I was careful to not go overboard and never stayed in any spot for more than a second or two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is why I've not tried one. And... the fact that my hair style is the "Who loves 'ya baby? " special, means I don't have a hair dryer laying around to tempt me.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Ack. I have used my wife’s hair dryer on a few. I hope I didn’t warp any. I never thought I could damage them with it. :O
    That is why I've not tried one. And... the fact that my hair style is the "Who loves 'ya baby? " special, means I don't have a hair dryer laying around to tempt me.

I got to shoot both of mine today. Im too embarrassed to post photos. Ive had some pretty serious health problems including a stint in a wheelchair and havent shot at all for 1.5 years.
    I was shooting primarily to check elevation for new sights I was pretty much hitting every shot to the left of the 3x5 card. Nice groups but left. I obviously need to spend some serious dry fire time before I waste any more ammo. Plus i need to learn a Glock trigger. The trigger didnt seem consistent on the 45.
    It was hot and in the sun and I was having a hard time with my support hand grip because of sweating.
    I did not notice any problem with the shooting hand slipping. I think the stock grip is pretty good. Once I get back in the groove Ill probably give the tape a try.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List