Page 185 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1882

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I'm not the one asked but I am carrying my 26 in a jmkydex shell attached to my enigma.
    19 Length?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    19 Length?
    No I have a 26 length shell. Before I ordered the shell I had a AIWB 2.5 that was 19 length attached. I canÂ’t tell much difference stability wise. Like the smaller footprint of 26 shell

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    This is gonna be a weird question, but has anyone ankle carried a G26 with an optic on it?

I'm debating this as an option for certain situations... and have no idea if any of the ankle holsters would be compatible with such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would not want that much weight on my ankle all day. However, this holster would work.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl...1214_1414.html
    In my experience, wearing boots, in such a way that the top of the shaft supports the weight of the ankle holster + weapon, is a key to being able to ankle-carry a heavy weapon, such as a G26 or a Ruger SP101. The lip of the boot’s shaft should form a shelf.

The boots I have used for this purpose are Danner Mountain Lite and Patrol Boots.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    In my experience, wearing boots, in such a way that the top of the shaft supports the weight of the ankle holster + weapon, is a key to being able to ankle-carry a heavy weapon, such as a G26 or a Ruger SP101. The lip of the boot’s shaft should form a shelf.

The boots I have used for this purpose are Danner Mountain Lite and Patrol Boots.
    There are 2 issues with ankle carry. Wearing the boots, as you suggest, addresses the issue of comfort on the ankle. The other issue is that the extra weight on one ankle and the resulting imbalance could potentially cause leg problems long term. I have heard of people who developed limps after carrying guns like an SP101 on an ankle. Even carrying something as small and light as a Kel-Tec P3AT on my ankle seems to have strengthened my left leg more than my right leg, while potentially worsening the osteoarthritis in my left knee as compared to the right knee.

The need to carefully avoid long-term repetitive injury is something I have been made increasingly aware of. Reading about detached retinas from repeatedly shooting high caliber rifles started the lesson. Reading about your hand and wrist issues from shooting large caliber handguns has also taught me about that danger. The extent to which running wore out my knees is unknown, but may have been a contributing factor, and I wish I had switched to biking much earlier. Unfortunately none of us realizes what is happening until it is too late.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

There are 2 issues with ankle carry. Wearing the boots, as you suggest, addresses the issue of comfort on the ankle. The other issue is that the extra weight on one ankle and the resulting imbalance could potentially cause leg problems long term. I have heard of people who developed limps after carrying guns like an SP101 on an ankle. Even carrying something as small and light as a Kel-Tec P3AT on my ankle seems to have strengthened my left leg more than my right leg, while potentially worsening the osteoarthritis in my left knee as compared to the right knee.

The need to carefully avoid long-term repetitive injury is something I have been made increasingly aware of. Reading about detached retinas from repeatedly shooting high caliber rifles started the lesson. Reading about your hand and wrist issues from shooting large caliber handguns has also taught me about that danger. The extent to which running wore out my knees is unknown, but may have been a contributing factor, and I wish I had switched to biking much earlier. Unfortunately none of us realizes what is happening until it is too late.
    So, you are saying we should carry a gun on each ankle?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    No. I am saying be careful with ankle carry.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

All the advice and discussions have been helpful. Thanks to everyone who has chimed in.

To be clear, my use would be sporadic and situation dependent. I'd much rather NOT carry on my ankle, but I'm debating and considering it as an option for some specific things.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    All the advice and discussions have been helpful. Thanks to everyone who has chimed in.

To be clear, my use would be sporadic and situation dependent. I'd much rather NOT carry on my ankle, but I'm debating and considering it as an option for some specific things.
    Ah, yes, we should be careful with ankle carry. If in a physically active occupation, it would probably be best to equalize weight on each leg, and, indeed, carrying too much “unsprung” weight might well have negative consequences. While working police patrol, working from a patrol vehicle, being on my feet was sporadic and situational. When time allowed, I would occasionally remove the rig exercise the leg and ankle, and massage the area, not because it usually felt necessary, but to be proactive.

Notably, I kept the ankle rig only barely snug, to allow plenty of circulation, and being Alessi or Ritchie, the width was ample, which spread the pressure. Elastic rigs did not work well for me.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

My ankle rigs (Alessi and Ritchie) have torn holes in the leather rings on the top of my Danner Patrol boots. They’re getting sent back to be resoled for the 4th time next week.
    Last edited by JR1572; 01-11-2024 at 10:40 PM.

This needs a bump.

I’ve been carry and shooting my G26.5 a lot lately. What a fantastic pistol. I carry in a tenicor velo 4, but I would like an OWB holster for when I’m out scouting. Thinking about Tenicor but open to suggestions. Anyone have a kydex OWB for a G26 they like a lot? Retention is extremely important. I don’t want to lose my gun in a cattail swamp.

User Tag List