Page 92 of 189 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I wonder if adding some material to the front of the extensions so they’re even with the front strap would help keep you from levering the pistol down.

I personally prefer to use the 10rd magazine with the 26 because if I can conceal an extension then I’ll usually just throw on a g19 or 17 cut to 19 grip length. I like to optimize the compactness of the 26 since I have the option to carry something larger if I want to. If I was limited to a 26 then the +2 glock mags would be more appealing for carry.
    It doesn't seem like the standard mag is a handicap for @GAP , so I'm not sure it would be a net gain to make a switch (except under the most dire of circumstances...and yet there are definite advantages to the shorter grip that both he and @Jason M have discussed in this thread as well).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If there is a "world wide expert" on the technical shooting of the Glock 26, I would say it is C Class for Life, because he made GM in USPSA CO shooting a Glock 26. While USPSA is not tactical shooting, it surely is technical shooting. My recollection, and I hope he comments here, is that the performance delta between a G26 and larger Glock was about 15 percent. (His choice of the 26 was motivated by the notion that it is skill that matters most and he would make GM despite an equipment handicap compared to other CO pistols.) Whether that fifteen percent is meaningful to your use of a pistol can only be answered by you. I do the same analysis regularly, when deciding to carry a slimline or larger pistol.

I get that guys love the G26, and I do too (along with a number of other pistols and calibers). I believe the 26 fights above its weight class, but this notion that the Glock 26 performs better in technical shooting than larger Glock pistols simply conflicts with reality.
    Which notion? I don’t think anyone believes the G26 performs better in a timed competition vs full sized Glocks.

I’ll stand by that the G26 is a more accurate weapon, that can be concealed considerably easier with the flat base plate, and can hang relatively close in the other departments.

Which was my point... unless you are obsessed over a few tenths of a second, there are about a dozen other areas that are more important to improve upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I wonder if adding some material to the front of the extensions so they’re even with the front strap would help keep you from levering the pistol down.

I personally prefer to use the 10rd magazine with the 26 because if I can conceal an extension then I’ll usually just throw on a g19 or 17 cut to 19 grip length. I like to optimize the compactness of the 26 since I have the option to carry something larger if I want to. If I was limited to a 26 then the +2 glock mags would be more appealing for carry.
    Yep, I just learned to navigate it the best I could to enjoy the concealment benefits.

I mentioned that I can keep relatively high standards with the short grip so I prioritize other aspects of my training.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Yep, I just learned to navigate it the best I could to enjoy the concealment benefits.

I mentioned that I can keep relatively high standards with the short grip so I prioritize other aspects of my training.
    I hear ya, a tendency to lever the gun down was something I had noticed too with the glock +2 when I had tried it out and I think that’s what causes it with my grip. Like you though, I haven’t spent any time to experiment with it, but it is on my list of rainy day projects.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

If I could still tolerate AIWB, I'd probably still just be reading this thread instead of contributing because my edc would still be a G19. I can & do carry AIWB when concealment is an absolute top priority, but I can't wait to get the damn holster off after a couple of hours. I find the 26 noticeably more difficult to draw from AIWB than a 19, but since 95% of my ccw is in an IWB#3, the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze to get the 19 from the bedside safe, remove the X-300 & swap out the extended mag to carry it instead of the 26.

I also run the flat base OEM mags because I'm looking for max concealment, especially for IWB. I've been strictly dedicated to the 26.5 for just shy of 2yrs now and with a little study on and tuning of my grip plus a small strip of GAP tape, I'm very comfortable with its handling and my performance with it as a fighting tool.

Finally made it to a range with private bays this weekend to run FAST and Bill Drills against my bestest shooting buddy and his new 43X. First live rounds since shooting Dot Torture in early December. To be sure, the 43X was quicker from AIWB than the 26 from IWB, but hits were better and much easier to perform, especially in rapid fire strings, with the 26. Reloads w/19 mags were good to go with no bobbles or fumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I would also add a recommendation for the Ivanko Super Gripper.

I've had one for years and it has a boatload of adjustability.

Do you have a regimen you follow with these trainers. Im asking because Ive read that injuries are rather common with the Captain of Crush grip trainers.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Do you have a regimen you follow with these trainers. Im asking because Ive read that injuries are rather common with the Captain of Crush grip trainers.
    I finish my lifting sessions with a dozen squeezes with each hand at a challenging setting...followed by some extensions using rubber bands ( to work the opposing muscle groups in the fingers, hands and forearms).

You don't have to use these, but it'll give you the idea:

https://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Expa.../dp/B00083B79M

I don't sit around all day doing gripping exercises, because it will only lead to overuse injuries or tendinitis.

I finish my lifting sessions with a dozen squeezes with each hand at a challenging setting...followed by some extensions using rubber bands ( to work the opposing muscle groups in the fingers, hands and forearms).

You don't have to use these, but it'll give you the idea:

https://www.amazon.com/IronMind-Expa.../dp/B00083B79M

I don't sit around all day doing gripping exercises, because it will only lead to overuse injuries or tendinitis.
    Thanks for the input and additional link. Its been most helpful.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Thanks for the input and additional link. Its been most helpful.
    We aim to please.

We aim to please.
    So please aim.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List