Page 93 of 189 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Gen 5

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So please aim.
    We am.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I would also add a recommendation for the Ivanko Super Gripper.

I've had one for years and it has a boatload of adjustability.

Holy cow…this thing is huge 😂

Name:  05425891-3031-4FE0-A2D6-57CC709CDB7F.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  56.0 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Holy cow…this thing is huge 😂
    @UNK

I'll try to find a chart of values for the spring settings that someone I used to be in touch with created once upon a time...

Edited To Add:

https://baye.com/wp-content/uploads/...anko-Chart.pdf

Also compares the settings to Captains of Crush.
    Last edited by blues; 06-12-2021 at 12:57 PM.

According to the chart a huge range of adjustments 45-345 lbs. I moved the springs it pretty easy to do. Tried it for three sets at 15 reps. Ill move it up next time trying to get to a max possible of ten reps and the work on getting to 15 reps x 3 before I move it again. Thats according to the instructions that were included with the tool.
    As a bonus the website that hosts the chart looks excellent.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

This evening, I'll be applying my fourth strip of GAP tape & I don't know how I'm wearing it out so fast and in exactly the same spots every time.

The upper wear spot is right where the callus on my middle finger sits and yes, I do a good amount of presentations, but I have a hard time believing I spend more time gripping & drawing my pistol than most P-F'ers do and I doubt I'd win any Capt's of Crush competitions.

Not a big deal since the roll of GAP tape goes a long way and I'm completely smitten with how much it enhances my grip, but damn, fourth application in less than a year?

Name:  Fresh GAP Wear.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 06-13-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Do you have to shave your palms? (Asking for a nun.)

200 rounds in

I purchased a Glock 26 gen 5 USA-made pistol 3 weeks ago. Just came back from the range and wanted to share my experience with the stellar 26.

First the pistol. This is my first USA Glock. If it hadn't said USA on the slide, I would have never known that it wasn't made in Austria. The fit and finish were great. The slide coating appeared the same as my gen 5 17 from Austria. The machining of the slide inside and out appeared flawless. Same with the frame. The trigger pull was a rolling break. I have no way of measuring the trigger pull, but it was like my gen 5 17. The fit of the slide to the frame was as tight as any Glock I have ever owned. Really tight fit. Standard Glock plastic sights. Came with 3 10-round magazines.

Before going to the range, I took the Glock apart per the manual for an inspection and lube. Reassembled, ready to burn some powder.

I did order 2 Glock 12-round magazines and had them with me today. I shot 100 rounds of Blazer 147gr FMJ and 100 rounds of MEN 124gr NATO FMJ ammo. 100% feed, fire, and ejection. No brass to the face. In fact ejection was in the 3 foot range between 3 and 4 o'clock. A less vigorous ammo may have ejected at a lesser distance. I do prefer the 12-round magazines for a full fingered grip. I shot at 10 yards and had a very acceptable group for these old eyes. Shot from a rest to get a feel for the sights. The primer strikes were impressive. Centered and more than sufficiently deep for my satisfaction. I did shoot 15 rounds through my Glock 20 10mm just for fun. It was 100% too. The primer strikes weren't quite as deep, (but centered) as the 26, but that might have been due to using a different ammo....Magtech 180gr JHP.

It was a great day at the range. The recoil was more than controllable. Kinda surprised me, you know, little pistol and that NATO ammo. The 26 was most well-behaved. I am really stoked about this pistol. It might not be the most compact 9mm in its category, but I can't think of anything I would change about this pistol other than the sights. I am partial to AmeriGlo so I will look there first. Now onto increasing my 12-round mag inventory!!

Can’t remember if it has been discussed in this thread, but I have started experimenting with placing my support hand, index finger around the trigger guard to effectively make the grip larger on smaller pistols. Did it on the 43X today in live fire and the G26 in dry fire. The support hand index finger also levels the pistol eliminating any Glock pointing higher tendency when switching from other pistols like the Sig.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can’t remember if it has been discussed in this thread, but I have started experimenting with placing my support hand, index finger around the trigger guard to effectively make the grip larger on smaller pistols. Did it on the 43X today in live fire and the G26 in dry fire. The support hand index finger also levels the pistol eliminating any Glock pointing higher tendency when switching from other pistols like the Sig.
    That’s interesting because I was going to comment on how rock solid your recoil control was on your G43x doubles.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just flashed to 1990. You know, it worked back then too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List