Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is releasing their own sunglasses line

Banned
    I wear these. I bought them when I worked at the Propane plant because I had to walk around outside in the snow and the glare was kicking my ass. These are the best sunglasses I've ever owned.

https://cocoonseyewear.com/

They're 50 bucks a pop. My last pair is 5 years old. I buy the bigger models to fit over my sunglasses but they make smaller that can be regular sunglasses.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Some oaks and Wiley X are made in the States, some aren’t. It’s good to have more US made options.
    The Magpul glasses are made in Taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'll stick with my 20 something year old Oakleys.
    The problem with that is that Oakley has gotten VERY proud of their lenses, so replacement stuff is starting to seem like a bad deal. They want $60 for a clear M Frame Strike lens now. (IIRC I paid $35 for the one that just gave up on me.) Also, they don't even seem to produce M Frame compatible lenses in anything other than clear anymore, so if my black iridium lens ever goes, I'll be in the market for a whole new set of glasses, and I really don't want to be; I love the M Frame. Sadly, all of the aftermarket lenses I've looked at have reviews that are discouraging at best. Lots of complaints about lens thickness that's not the same as the Oakley originals, along with complaints about lenses not fitting the frames properly (both too loose and too tight).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    The problem with that is that Oakley has gotten VERY proud of their lenses, so replacement stuff is starting to seem like a bad deal. They want $60 for a clear M Frame Strike lens now. (IIRC I paid $35 for the one that just gave up on me.) Also, they don't even seem to produce M Frame compatible lenses in anything other than clear anymore, so if my black iridium lens ever goes, I'll be in the market for a whole new set of glasses, and I really don't want to be; I love the M Frame. Sadly, all of the aftermarket lenses I've looked at have reviews that are discouraging at best. Lots of complaints about lens thickness that's not the same as the Oakley originals, along with complaints about lenses not fitting the frames properly (both too loose and too tight).
    Standard M frame lenses are in the $70 range but the M Frame 2.0 lenses are $40. I've picked up a few 2.0 frames for cheap by keeping an eye on forum sales. I think I paid $20 for the last frames I got and they were same as new.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    Standard M frame lenses are in the $70 range
    Right, that's what I'm used to paying for the iridium ones. Clear always used to be way cheaper, now not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    The Magpul glasses are made in Taiwan.
    That’s a grievous shame. Brownell’s has their “Made In USA” imprimatur on their page for the glasses — that should really be corrected.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I bought mine while still working as someone arranged a group buy at the agency. I think I had purchased a pair of clear and yellow lenses to augment the gray as well but it's been a while.

Yeah, I hear ya. I hardly wear sunglasses anymore, so they mostly just stay in the 4Runner for occasional use.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That’s a grievous shame. Brownell’s has their “Made In USA” imprimatur on their page for the glasses — that should really be corrected.
    They talked about it in the Brownell's video and on Facebook. They said they obviously wanted to make them here but the manufacturing capacity and expertise is in Asia. If they made them here it was going to make them prohibitively expensive, and possibly at a lower quality. They said that the long term plan is to bring all manufacturing here. I have my doubts about that feasibility but it is what it is. They aren't the first American company who had to go overseas because we've destroyed our ability to make shit here.

I'm a Magpul fan. My AR's and AK's all have Magpul stuff on them. With that said, hopefully they're not investing too much time into these. Like their clothing line, they don't seem to bring anything to the table that isn't readily available from a whole host of other manufacturers except their logo on them.

I'd rather see them focus on gun stuff.

I wonder how many critics of those dressed from the 5.11 catalog are coiffed head to toe in Magpul. Or at least head to ankle, pending Magpul branded footwear. (You know it's coming.)

Make a quality product guys, and make your money. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I wear prescription glasses so these are out for me for now, but <$100 sunglasses aren't nearly "expensive", and if they made some I liked I wouldn't not buy them simply because they are made by Magpul. Other than the fact that they have the Magpul logo on them might lead some gunfag to approach me in public.

This, for me. I'll spend what I need to on proper eyewear, but no logos please.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List