Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is releasing their own sunglasses line

So are they going to make a popular nose piece for prescription glasses?

Some oaks and Wiley X are made in the States, some aren’t. It’s good to have more US made options.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I can't wear bladed glasses, they make me look like Neo (AKA a big douche, I can't pull them off). Gotta be something squared off either aviator style or like these
    My buddy just bought these as we’ve both sworn to never buy expensive sunglasses again. I’ll let you know what he thinks of them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYQK0YX..._GdRsBbWW7AWST
    #RESIST

Not “tacticool” enough.

What is this chump garbage Magpul!? Where’s the Punisher skulls or “Molon Labe” on the frame? Otherwise how will my buddies know how operator my sunglasses are? Chris Costa won’t stand for this!
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My buddy just bought these as we’ve both sworn to never buy expensive sunglasses again. I’ll let you know what he thinks of them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYQK0YX..._GdRsBbWW7AWST
    That's almost exactly the ones I wear now, I have two pairs in the truck just because I lose them once in a while. Only thing is a ballistic pair would be nice.
    Last edited by Peally; 07-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Interesting to see that Magpul, once the darling of the cooler-than-my-dad crowd, is now the target of the sunglasses "I like cheap" humble-brag crowd.

I wear prescription glasses so these are out for me for now, but <$100 sunglasses aren't nearly "expensive", and if they made some I liked I wouldn't not buy them simply because they are made by Magpul. Other than the fact that they have the Magpul logo on them might lead some gunfag to approach me in public.

Site Supporter
    I can't wait to see these for sale in the PX.
    All those E3's and E4's, in their lifted, ten year old trucks and their V6 Camaros all financed at 27% from the local 'your LES is your credit' lot, covered in grunt style stickers, blasting metal or rap music while spitting their dip into empty 24 oz Monster cans, might actually be wearing a pair of shades that *aren't* Oakley gascans.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Looks like ESS sells most of their models for about the same price, and theirs usually feature swappable lenses. The ESS logo isn't as cool as the Magpul logo though, so there's that....
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

For several years I've used Magpul phone cases, because I like the minimalist design and structure. But the last two I bought were of sufficiently lower quality, that I've moved on. Both stretched after only a few months of use, to the point where neither reliably stays on the phone. I've discovered I can "shrink" them back down in the freezer, but they expand back in a day or so. Simply not the quality I've come to expect from Magpul's thermo-plastics.

I like P-Mags for ARs, and I wish Magpul would do a AR9 magazine in the Colt-Pattern. I like the AR and AK Furniture and the SGA shotgun stock is a gift from heaven.

But the branded gear (shirts, belts, phone cases, sunglasses) is leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I can't wait to see these for sale in the PX.
    All those E3's and E4's, in their lifted, ten year old trucks and their V6 Camaros all financed at 27% from the local 'your LES is your credit' lot, covered in grunt style stickers, blasting metal or rap music while spitting their dip into empty 24 oz Monster cans, might actually be wearing a pair of shades that *aren't* Oakley gascans.
    I have a pair of Gascans I got for free. I wear them occasionally when I'm on an outdoor range, otherwise they sit in a drawer most of the time. They cut my peripheral vision down to almost zero and they absolutely suck balls when driving.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List