Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Naughty Minions with scissors! aka I gave myself a haircut!

At least with little boys most could care less about their hair. Heck, most days, I would be happy to buzz all mine off.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I cut my son's hair with a Oster Classic 76 and a #1.5 or #2 blade.
    I use the Fast Feed and #1. Started with whatever was $20 at the Walmart I drove past on my way home, instead of another $35 haircut (the guy was good, but I had less and less for him to work with, and then bought a motorcycle). When it crapped out, I remembered what the dairy farmer I worked for when I was 13 used on the cows. Figured that would be durable.

https://www.amazon.com/OSTER-Adjusta...01JJBC9Y/?th=1

In the early days, when the haircut was still new, I took some parts out to an off-road race at Glen Helen. Happened to be driving a black Crown Vic (not mine). Got a lot of looks of what seemed to be recognition/acknowledgement from people in the area who didn't normally seem to care I existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've had to trim up my hair a time or two. And yes, I used the same clippers that I used to cut knots and mats from my cat.

Then I gave that up and had him trimmed at the vet's:

Attachment 28147
    Hey, that looks like my mom's cat, except he has hair. Best cat in the world (and the only one I'm not at all allergic to). He's now 20 and has lived with her longer than I did.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I use a #00000, hippie.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    When my son was about 4 he had a very cute page-boy coif. Wife went out of town on business and I took the clippers to his hair (he asked me and I was happy to oblige). #1 on the sides, #2 on top. When I was done he had transformed form looking like a baby to looking like a normal 4yo kid. He'd aged 2 years from a haircut.

I told my wife I'd done it when I spoke with her on the phone (we used the phone and the spoken word back then).
    She seemed ok with him "getting older", but she still cried when she saw him.
    I still get the occasional story told on me about that. Like it was my fault that he grew up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I am working out of state, but the wife sent me these. The Minions are back to playing hard:

Now little Miss Pixie Cut thinks she needs a horse...

It is a darn good thing for gentle cow horses. The littlest one weighs less than the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It is a darn good thing for gentle cow horses. The littlest one weighs less than the saddle.
    Weight is relative. I'll bet the weight she carries in your heart is immeasurable.

Hell, I feel protective of the little minions...and I'm sure that feeling is shared by every other breathing soul on this site.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List