Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naughty Minions with scissors! aka I gave myself a haircut!

At least you could turn her work into something stylish! My daughter got her first plastic "safety" scissors and immediately whacked the middle of her eyebrow length bangs down to a quarter inch. Cause she wanted to, "cut her own hair like Daddy." Boyo-boy did I get the stink-eye from her Mother!

That second "George" pic with her smiling is Pure Gold!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

sometimes, it's the daddies that make the hair boo boo's with their kids...

it wasn't supposed to be that short! luckily his hair grows like a goddamn weed.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

oh god... i'm having PTSD flashbacks now from base barbers... especially the Army ones. Was it their job to hire the most incompetent people known to man to operate those places?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    oh god... i'm having PTSD flashbacks now from base barbers... especially the Army ones. Was it their job to hire the most incompetent people known to man to operate those places?
    The guy who had the contract at one base where I was stationed had to have his wife drive him to work because he was legally blind.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Children are a blessing. Being childless is my biggest regret. When you guys put your kids first, spend time with them, and interact in sensitive and caring ways, you are modeling admirable parenting skills. Your children will learn these skills and exhibit these behaviors with their kids. Otherwise.....
    You are 100% Spot on Sir!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I cut my son's hair with a Oster Classic 76 and a #1.5 or #2 blade. Last month my wife wanted to take him to the barber shop on base to get his hair cut. He came home with his hair all full of gel and goop. Once all that was washed it, I saw why it was there. It looked like he'd cut his own hair with a pair of safety scissors, so out came the Oster...
    There was a “Are you a cop stereotype” quiz I posted years ago. Every yes was one point. One of the questions was “You cut your hair yourself at home with clippers.” Next question was “Add one point if you use the same clippers on the dog.”

I don’t cut my own hair but my barber is a old cholo who joined the Navy to avoid jail ( back when they did that sort of thing) and made a career out of the Navy. He has a standing offer to shoot craps for your haircut, if you win the haircut is free. If he wins you pay double.

Tom, your son's hair's too long. My hair, (what's left of it), only gets a #1 and #1.5.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    One ship I was on had a ship's barber known as "Spud". Spud was a "ship's serviceman" (SH) who had been a gunner's mate. He had been transferred from Weapons Department to Supply Department because nobody liked the idea of his being around weapons.

So he became a barber (go figure that logic) with no formal training. He wasn't terribly good at it. About thirty percent of the time, the "customer" ended up with a shaved head because there was no way to fix things. Shaved heads became known as "Spud Specials".
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There was a “Are you a cop stereotype” quiz I posted years ago. Every yes was one point. One of the questions was “You cut your hair yourself at home with clippers.” Next question was “Add one point if you use the same clippers on the dog.”
    I've had to trim up my hair a time or two. And yes, I used the same clippers that I used to cut knots and mats from my cat.

Then I gave that up and had him trimmed at the vet's:

Name:  George-50.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  38.6 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Lost River, I was gonna point out that hair grows back, but seeing the joyful faces of your daughters, I realized you already figured that out.

Two days after my son's and I got our haircuts, my then five year old "touched up" his with a pair of scissors because he "wanted to look handsome". I hit the roof. I got out the clippers and angrily buzzed his hair short. "Let's see how you like that!" I growled.

Shortly after, we went to visit my friend Pat. He was lived right on the beach in Venice, California, in the utility room of an apartment building. His door opened directly into the covered parking lot, and quite often, we had to squeeze past the front bumper of a car just to knock. Pat was a Mick from the rough part Brooklyn and spent his formative years hanging out at Ceebee Geebeez when bands like the Goo-Goo Dolls played there trying to break into the biz. That is, when he wasn't figuring ways to cheez off his dad.

Pat took one look at my sullen five year old son and said "Hey! I like your haircut- That is so cool!"

My son looked surprised. "Really?"

Pat noogied my son's head. "Yeah."

I said "Pat, You're not helping here. I'm trying to teach him a lesson."

Pat went on like I wasn't even there. "You're now my favorite skinhead. Fist bump, Little Bro!"

*Facepalm* "It's a good thing hair grows back," I muttered to myself.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-16-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List