Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help selecting a da/sa for carry/ idpa

I have an HK P2000 DA/SA. It has the decocker on the rear of the slide, to the left of the hammer. I like this design because there is no safety lever to deactivate before firing. I have 900 rounds through it so far and the SA trigger is breaking in nicely.

P07
    Px4cc

Both are g19 sized and shoot very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having shot most all of them. for a G19 sized gun in DA/SA the PX4CC is the way to go!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I've had the P2000, P07 and Px4c. Of those three, I strongly preferred the P07, even though the trigger wasn't as "nice feeling" as the Px4. The P2000 was in LEM, a trigger mechanic I never warmed up to.

I found the P07 to be perfectly serviceable and carry-able in stock configuration, while the Px4C needed a few after market tweaks to get it feeling right (safety levers, slide release levers, mainspring, etc).

Site Supporter
    CZ PCR. Use snap caps for dry fire. Allow use to smooth action. Buy a spare trigger return spring. Keep it original. Some say it's over sprung. CZ does not say this. Ain't nothing wrong with a P01. I drink the Kool Aid--that's why I don't bitch about trs breakage and heavy springs.

I think the SIG P2022 is closer to a full size gun. I think the CZ and PX4c are top of the compact heap right now. I haven’t tried the former but I’m super happy with the latter. I might lean harder towards the CZ if formal competition was important to me, but I don’t know.
    David S.

P229, comparable in size to the G19 and if a trigger job is a must, Robert Burke is the man!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    P229, comparable in size to the G19 and if a trigger job is a must, Robert Burke is the man!!
    I think the p229 is more p30 sized/G17 almost grip length. But yes the triggers can be made amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beardc66 View Post
    Looking for a da/sa gun for carry that I could shoot some local matches with. I like sigs and cz. Has to be light enough for every day carry. Thanks
    Honestly dude, I've noticed you've started a few threads lately looking for a good this or the best that, so here's some real honest advice....

Stop worrying so much about the gun. Buy a sample from a reputable manufacturer. There's plenty of threads here on this forum where you can figure out which makers are on the up and up and which ones aren't. There's not a ton of poly framed DA/SA's out there, but Beretta and CZ and HK (all good makers) make them.

The biggest single factor in your success or failure when it comes to improving your shooting is you. Buy whatever you decide, then get out and practice with it. Take classes. Dry fire. Hell, buying a shot timer and making some reduced scale dry fire targets is likely to do ten times more for your shooting than the differences between the respective pistols.

I'll let you in on another secret, they all have one flea or another. All of them, if you look long enough, will have something about them that isn't perfect. You'll never find perfect. I can't remember who said it, but perfect is the enemy of good enough. So, just pick a pistol that's "good enough" and get out there and train.

Jared speaks the truth. Basically every gun mentioned in this thread is a solid choice, but none of them are the perfect choice for everyone. Go handle them in a gun shop, shoot them if possible, pick the one you think fits you the best, buy it (and a spare copy if you can swing it), and then don't look back unless you have tons of cash that you don't mind wasting.

User Tag List