Thread: Cz p07 safariland als

Cz p07 safariland als

Anyone use a als holster for x300u on a p07? Or p10c?? I have only used a 7ts als for g19 in the past. I really like the als and added security it gives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I had a 6360 ALS for the P-07 sans light. It was a little tight at first, but it was a good holster for the gun. Last I knew, they did not make the 7ts for the P-07. While I think the 7ts is a better holster, the 6360 is the next best thing.

A John Cooper style duty holster would be cool and look good, it's my opinion that in the current market the ALS is the only suitable retention duty holster available. There may be options I am unaware of, but the ALS is darn near perfect.

Safariland just updated their will fit chart. The only light bearing holster they make are the 63xx series for an 07/SF/TRL combo. Still no 7TS for anything. They make the 7TS for the P-10c w no light.

I’ve got the 6365 for my 07 and love it. Plan on getting a light bearing model as well, just haven’t got around to it yet. I had to order my first one direct from Safariland since no one else I could find carried it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I had a 6360 ALS for the P-07 sans light. It was a little tight at first, but it was a good holster for the gun. Last I knew, they did not make the 7ts for the P-07. While I think the 7ts is a better holster, the 6360 is the next best thing.

A John Cooper style duty holster would be cool and look good, it's my opinion that in the current market the ALS is the only suitable retention duty holster available. There may be options I am unaware of, but the ALS is darn near perfect.
    What’s a John Cooper style holster?

I like the ALS/SLS holster series. I’m not 100% sold on the light bearing models, but they work for me currently.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    What’s a John Cooper style holster?

I like the ALS/SLS holster series. I’m not 100% sold on the light bearing models, but they work for me currently.

Did you ever watch Southland? John Cooper carried a 5906 in what I think was a Ted Blocker leather holster. The gun handling in the show was not perfect but way above most TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did you ever watch Southland? John Cooper carried a 5906 in what I think was a Ted Blocker leather holster. The gun handling in the show was not perfect but way above most TV.
    I gotcha. In the old days we just called those, “Jacket Slot,” duty holsters. I still have a couple! I wouldn’t hesitate to use them for patrol work. They definitely require a different set of skills to use for presentation, retention, and reholstering.

When I did my weapons retention/DT training back in the 90’s, there was a lot of ass kicking with almost no credence lent to the holster doing anything other than defying the force of gravity to fall to the ground. Now, weapon retention is largely a function of the holster, with short shrift given to the ass kicking.

I like the ALS a lot, and may get one for the P07. However, the light bearing ALS is monstrously huge. I tried one for a p320c, and it was a no-go for me for belt carry.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I like the 6000 series ALS holsters. I bought a couple of the 7T series for 1911s and the gun moves around a lot in there, to the point where if I have to run it makes a decent amount of noise. The only thing I don't like is any of the safariland holsters that allow lights leave enough space for fingers to get into the holster. We had a Sgt that while fighting with a little meth head she reached in the holster and dusted off a round.

User Tag List