Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you fly a Chinook....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Big balls indeed,
    And great crew chiefs.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

How do you fly a Chinook....

Duplicate post deleted. F’ing Tapatalk ....
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-16-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    And great crew chiefs.
    Well, yeah, like the officers could do it...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    And great crew chiefs.
    Well, yeah, like the officers could do it...
    Who do you think is at the back of the helicopter, telling the pilots where the helo’s ramp is in comparison to the ground?

And great crew chiefs.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Those crew chiefs are an essential piece of the puzzle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Remember this when somebody talks trash about "weekend warriors". I'd bet donuts to dog turds (and hold the stakes in my teeth) that the pilot is an OEF vet.

Site Supporter
    I spent a lot of time around the pilots in the Georgia Army National Guard. Lots of flight hours - lots of experience. The National Guard Aviation units deploy regularly. Our Chinook unit at Hunter Army Air Field in Savannah, GA have great picture around their flight center including "ramp" type photos evacuating people around New Orleans during Katrina plus pictures from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Nice work. My father flew Hueys starting around 71' through the early 80's.

He told me they lost tons of Chinook pilots during the initial training phase due to hard landings, the blades would decapitate the pilots.

Watching the video in the linked article, I couldn't help but think I was watching a school bus at a pick-up point. Is it possible those folks could get on that helicopter with any less sense of urgency? Heck, the pilot is standing the end of the helicopter on the side of a mountain, the least you could do is hustle on to the thing a little faster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I was born in Pendleton, grew up just 30 minuets north of there. Got to see the NG unit there bring out the Chinook a few time for various events, they are a pretty dang big helicopter so that rescue is a pretty impressive piece of work.
    Same thing in Huntsville. There were always UH-60s buzzing around, but when a Chinook went over you definitely knew it. Impressive machines, for sure.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List