Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Yippee Ki-Yay M*****f*****

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Anyone seen or read Roderick Thorpe’s The Detective? Its sequel, 1979’s Nothing Lasts Forever, was adapted into Die Hard. I’ve read NLF a few times and it’s pretty dark.

The movie starred Frank Sinatra as Joe Leland (McClane), wondering if it’s worth the time?
    I've seen The Detective , it's a pretty straight up detective story. Worth seeing, but if Die Hard had wound up starring Frank Sinatra (who had first refusal on the role when the second book was adapted to film) it would have been a vastly different film. Sinatra was also offered the title role in Dirty Harry and turned it down. Sinatra was a talented actor, but I doubt either one of those movies would have become the cultural touchstones they are today with him in the lead role.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Not to mention the idea that a bunch of Army SF dudes would turn into asshole terrorists...
    *cough* The Rock *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    *cough* The Rock *cough*
    Those were Marines, not soldiers. Big diff... oh, nevermind.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Yippee Ki-Yay M*****f*****

Not to mention the idea that a bunch of Army SF dudes would turn into asshole terrorists...
    Terrorism was a cover, those guys were thieves. In today’s money, the heist would’ve been about $1.2 billion. Recruit about 10 guys, promise $100 million apiece if they get away with it?

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 07-16-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Terrorism was a cover, those guys were thieves. In today’s money, the heist would’ve been about $1.2 billion. Recruit about 10 guys, promise $100 million apiece if they get away with it?
    Yeah I get that they were thieves, same as the first movie. Still, the whole ex-SOF guys turning to crime because they have skills has gotten old and I've seen it in too many movies (e.g. Den of Thieves). And no, I don't think it's realistic that a whole bunch of SF guys would agree to a criminal plan that includes murder to get rich. Yeah they are all individuals and all that, but that's just a B.S. premise. Call me naive, whatever -- that's my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    *cough* The Rock *cough*
    Dwayne Johnson was an SF dude turned terrorist?!

It lives on as a cultural reference. This just showed up today....

https://www.gocomics.com/hubris/2018/08/30

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "Die Hard" is the reason that I listen to "Christmas in Hollis" by Run-DMC every Christmas.
    And your post is why I've been singing it all morning...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List