Thread: Steiner T5Xi was on sale for stupid cheap......so it's going on my MR762

Steiner T5Xi was on sale for stupid cheap......so it's going on my MR762

Picked up a Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50 MIL SCR last night for $1251.00 shipped to my house from optics planet (completely unplanned, the Ship internet doesn't like BCM's new checkout scripts, so my AR project is going to have to wait). Which was too cheap to ignore. That's what I paid for my Trijicon Accupower 1-8x. Now I just have to figure out how to mount it.

Do you fellows with DMR AR 10's/ SCAR 17's with medium to big glass use a standard mount or a 20 MOA mount? I'm probably going to go Geissele because reasons and I'm a Geissele addict lately despite my best efforts. Unless there's something better out there. I'm open to recommendations.

Side note: I know the Steiners didn't have the best opener, but they're running good now from all recent accounts online and will accomplish my medium range DMR setup without putting a 5-25x on it. Mrgunzandgear has one and gave it a good to go, which isn't the end all be all, but he has a recent sample. It was that or the NF 4-16x42 F1 which I might still buy, if I think the MR762 needs something better than the T5Xi. I've got an R700 SPS tactical that also needs a medium range scope so.....it won't go to waste. But I say all that to say, yes I knew what I was getting into buying this thing, and I didn't do it lightly or with disregard to the problems they were having.

I’d go with a 20 MOA mount.
    #RESIST

Geissele certainly has the reputation, momentum, and popularity right now. I really like my Mk8 rail, but I returned a Micro Mount back to Geissele for fitment issues, that, when I emailed pics and followed up with a phone call, they said are part of the design. The T-2 did not nest down into the groove enough sit flush against the mount. Basically, none of the three flats on the bottom of the T-2 made contact with the top flats of the mount. Hard to explain otherwise, you'd just have to see one for yourself. I've owned three AP micros, and mounts from Larue (x3), KAC (x2), as well as the factory Aimpoint mount, none of which did this. As a result, I decided to look elsewhere when it came time to purchase my last LPV mount. Sample size of one, and to Geissele's credit, they sent me a call tag and took it back without a fuss, which was appreciated.

I ended up going with the Badger Ordnance mount for a Vortex Razor HD II-E 1-6. So, I would suggest you also look at Badger, as well as the Nightforce Uni Mount. NightForce did not have the height I wanted combined with the extended length I needed, otherwise I would have likely chosen the NF Uni Mount.

Enjoy the T5Xi. I've looked through one, and the glass is exceptional.

User Tag List