Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: That incident at the George Webb restaurant

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post

The mindset problem is one of the primary reasons I recommend Tom Givens Combative Pistol as my number one class for anyone asking about training. If I could only send someone to one class ever, it would be that one. Givens does such an excellent job communicating the difference in mindset of a criminal actor vs an average random person, and the best prepared mindset to both deselect yourself and just be ready by accepting that any day could potentially be your gunfight/fistfight/etc day.
    This should be preached by every CCW instructor in the US.

Having trained with Tom on several occasions, I preach this in every CCW class I teach. Tom & Clint Smith are two instructors in whom a "first time" student can have 100% faith that every word they hear represents what I call "the gospel of self defense with a handgun."

I have trained under other excellent instructors, but you sometimes have to filter out 5-10% of what they are teaching (maybe tactics, maybe techniques, maybe mindset issues). "First time" students don't yet have the frame of reference that will enable them to detect teaching that is at variance with that offered by the truly top-tier trainers. The "first time" students need look no further than Tom.

I wonder how long the Perps sheet is, if some nice ADA keeps giving him skid bids at County instead of seeing to it he stays in prison. This known drug dealer needs to be incarcerated, give him a dime and make him do the time! No early outs or good-time, he demonstrated behavior captured on video proofing his violent tendencies and i suspect this is not an isolated incident. Go ahead ADA and help that community become a safer place put him in PRISON.

User Tag List