Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is PFestivus?

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Personally I think Pfestivus just needs to be whatever it is, and you can't overthink it. Does it turn into a love-in for a bunch of people who've met in person? Sure, maybe. Or a surreal poetry experience for some? I guess so. But what happens at Pfestivus will just happen and it will be different for different people every year and you can't try to fix that or make it be a specific kind of experience for everyone. It's just an annual event at which people let loose, and depending on what everyone's year has been like, the kinds of feelings they'll need to unleash will be different. It's a good chance for otherwise buttoned-down PFCers to haze newbs or post drunk; it's a time when new posters might reveal some human quirk that endears them to long-time contributors.

No need to make it be a specific thing. It's a moment when things get slightly out of control; why try to control it? Celebrate the chaos. Have another beer/whiskey/huff of glue and just check out the action.

At least, that's my philosophy, as a guy who's spent most of the year so far gluing bits of wood together.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    At least, that's my philosophy, as a guy who's spent most of the year so far gluing bits of wood together.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm not sure what PFestivus will be (or even if it will be) in the future, but I guess I've got about two months to figure that out.
    Name:  T Minus 40 and counting.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  21.1 KB
    Can we get a decision from the judges?
    'Cuz I'm not gonna lie, I'm really feeling the Pfestivus Spirit...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

PFestivus is a go. Same format as usual. @misanthropist convinced me with his post above.
    And may God have mercy on our Souls.......

PFestivus is a go. Same format as usual. @misanthropist convinced with his post above.
    Huzzah!
    Name:  Flounder.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  10.7 KB

I shall endeavor to hold it in until then. Hopefully multiple natural disasters will not conspire to deprive me of my opportunity to vent this year...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Huzzah!
    Name:  Flounder.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  10.7 KB

I shall endeavor to hold it in until then. Hopefully multiple natural disasters will not conspire to deprive me of my opportunity to vent this year...
    There once was a member named Drang,

To whom PFestivus was more than a thang,

He asked Tom Jones "please",

Not quite down on his knees,

And now his blown top has gone TWANG!
    Last edited by blues; 08-04-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Without PFestivus
    There will be no more haikus
    Peace in the valley
    Now where is that unlike button........
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Now where is that unlike button........
    Sure, kick a dead man while he's down...

PFestivus is a go. Same format as usual. @misanthropist convinced me with his post above.
    Predictions:

The first haiku occurs on page 1.
    Drunk PFestivus begins on Friday night rather than Saturday.
    People start talking about food by page 20.
    After recommending PFestivus, Misanthropist, following a bout of glue sniffing, stays over at Burning Man and misses PFestivus altogether. (Don’t really know when Burning Man is.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sure, kick a dead man while he's down...

It was just an out of body experience. Jennifer Love Hewitt says you’re fine now.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    It was just an out of body experience. Jennifer Love Hewitt says you’re fine now.
    She would know.

User Tag List