Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is PFestivus?

What is PFestivus?

Clicking on the PFestivus banner/timer takes me nowhere.

Site Supporter

Without PFestivus
    There will be no more haikus
    Peace in the valley
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    In general, we expect the members of PF to behave like adults, own their words, and not engage in the typical drive-by shit-posting and name calling that is prevalent pretty much everywhere else on the internet. In the past, PFestivus was an annual anything (within reason) goes, with no repercussions, airing of grievances -- both with mods and other members. People were encouraged, whenever things got a little too heated and pissy tones were taken, to "save it for PFestivus". The countdown timer automatically appears on the anniversary of the founding of PF (2011-02-25) and serves as a reminder to "save it for PFestivus" or to just not be too much of a dick in the first place.

I'm not sure what PFestivus will be (or even if it will be) in the future, but I guess I've got about two months to figure that out.
    What a novel concept. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    In general, we expect the members of PF to behave like adults, own their words, and not engage in the typical drive-by shit-posting and name calling that is prevalent pretty much everywhere else on the internet. In the past, PFestivus was an annual anything (within reason) goes, with no repercussions, airing of grievances -- both with mods and other members. People were encouraged, whenever things got a little too heated and pissy tones were taken, to "save it for PFestivus". The countdown timer automatically appears on the anniversary of the founding of PF (2011-02-25) and serves as a reminder to "save it for PFestivus" or to just not be too much of a dick in the first place.

I'm not sure what PFestivus will be (or even if it will be) in the future, but I guess I've got about two months to figure that out.
    Pfestivus is what defines us as a community. Its the foundational bedrock of our collective belief system if you will

It was originally a thread where folks would actually air their grievances. So say someone always had a whiny bitch tone to their posts one could tell them that they hated their tone. Ideally folks would talk about it and perhaps find common ground. Another example might be that a cop with 5 years of experience needed to be told that his 5 years was shit and that all of the older cops disagreed with him and he needed to let adults talk.

As it stands the last few haven't been that. They turned into a buncha boomers writing out obnoxious haikus and a circle jerk of a thread. This is for a few reasons, I suspect, but it hasn't been what it could be. Part of it I suspect is fear of eventual repercussions in other ways. What you say will need to be answered for no matter what, PFestivus merely removed forum repercussions.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It was originally a thread where folks would actually air their grievances. So say someone always had a whiny bitch tone to their posts one could tell them that they hated their tone. Ideally folks would talk about it and perhaps find common ground. Another example might be that a cop with 5 years of experience needed to be told that his 5 years was shit and that all of the older cops disagreed with him and he needed to let adults talk.

As it stands the last few haven't been that. They turned into a buncha boomers writing out obnoxious haikus and a circle jerk of a thread. This is for a few reasons, I suspect, but it hasn't been what it could be. Part of it I suspect is fear of eventual repercussions in other ways. What you say will need to be answered for no matter what, PFestivus merely removed forum repercussions.
    I've got some grievances with you, young buck. Answer or at least acknowledge your damn email.

There, PFestivus is done for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've got some grievances with you, young buck. Answer or at least acknowledge your damn email.

There, PFestivus is done for me now.
    I have a draft that I was waiting on something to come in the mail to add to before sending... A few new things that I've been working on that you may like.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I have a draft that I was waiting on something to come in the mail to add to before sending... A few new things that I've been working on that you may like.
    I forgive you. It's just that when I send you love on your OWB holster I used for my quals the other day, I expect you to drop everything and get back to me.

(Okay, I may be exaggerating on the requirement for dropping everything. But the holster was awesome.)

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I forgive you. It's just that when I send you love on your OWB holster I used for my quals the other day, I expect you to drop everything and get back to me.

(Okay, I may be exaggerating on the requirement for dropping everything. But the holster was awesome.)
    I ain't working on retiree time.

User Tag List