Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is PFestivus?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I have forgotten. Does Tom hand out the gifts on PFestivus Eve or PFestivus morning?
    After the feats of strength.

Not at all what I was expecting.

What is PFestivus?

Quote Originally Posted by LG_rocks View Post
    Not at all what I was expecting.
    You know, it never is. [emoji4]

It just occurred to me that on 9/14 I will be on the way to a family reunion and will likely miss the Pfestivities.

However: I also discovered on my laptop a file containing a lengthy diatribe I had penned in 2017 when I was traveling in the RV, but never posted at PFestivus last September. Surprisingly so for me, I let out my inner asshole.

My plan is to roll that grenade in this year, pull the pin and run. So I got that going for me. [emoji41]
    Last edited by RJ; 08-19-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Eleven days and three hours. I predict that one of the several nascent hurricanes/tropical storms will cause me to miss Pfestivus again.

(The bright side is that it's likely to be Hawaii this time, the Eastern Pacific is far more active than the Atlantic this year. OTOH, there's that Tropical Depression forming off Hispaniola, supposed to be a Tropical Storm by the time it hits the keys Wednesday...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Eleven days and three hours. I predict that one of the several nascent hurricanes/tropical storms will cause me to miss Pfestivus again.

(The bright side is that it's likely to be Hawaii this time, the Eastern Pacific is far more active than the Atlantic this year. OTOH, there's that Tropical Depression forming off Hispaniola, supposed to be a Tropical Storm by the time it hits the keys Wednesday...)
    Due south of me now and rain forecast for the day, but that's it. It's that wave coming off the coast of Africa that could fuck up PFestivus for me, but in the spirit of PFestivus I'll pirate somebody's WiFi and fling a little poo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Due south of me now and rain forecast for the day, but that's it. It's that wave coming off the coast of Africa that could fuck up PFestivus for me, but in the spirit of PFestivus I'll pirate somebody's WiFi and fling a little poo.
    If you're talking about Gordon-to-be, they say that it could develop into a hurricane, which would happen just in time for me to lose internet access due to deploying. Which is what happened last year.

Or, Olivia could hang in there and hammer Hawaii. Or Jebi could reverse course and hit Guam instead of Japan.

Consider this an early airing of grievances, just in case Mother Nature inflicts a feat of strength on us all.
    Last edited by Drang; 09-03-2018 at 06:44 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    If you're talking about Gordon-to-be, they say that it could develop into a hurricane, which would happen just in time for me to lose internet access due to deploying. Which is what happened last year.

Or, Olivia could hang in there and hammer Hawaii. Or Jebi could reverse course and hit Guam instead of Japan.

Consider this an early airing of grievances, just in case Mother Nature inflicts a feat of strength on us all.
    Roger that. A grievance about not being able to air grievances.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Roger that. A grievance about not being able to air grievances.
    Drive up here, Hambo. We have a guest room with its own bath downstairs and you don't even have to fiddle with a bidet.

Just bring one sheet of TP for each day you intend to visit.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Drive up here, Hambo. We have a guest room with its own bath downstairs and you don't even have to fiddle with a bidet.

Just bring one sheet of TP for each day you intend to visit.
    No need for my own bathroom or TP. I'll just use your mail.

That'll work.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List