Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel significantly relaxes gun license regulations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I don't think so. That seems to be common in some Latin America countries. In Israel I believe you are limited to only possessing one handgun.
    Yes, I know Mexico and Brazil both limit civilians to .380 / .38 spl.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not in Israel, 9mm is common but you are limited to 1 handgun and 50 rounds of ammo at a time.
    Geeze. I'd spend more on gas running back and forth to buy ammo than I would on the ammo!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The intersect between people who publicly hate guns, publicly disparage Israel, and secretly hate Jews is pretty significant.
    I'm pretty sure to anyone not with their head up their ass, that it's no secret.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    I'm surprised they didn't mention a mandated "Israeli" carry method.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    We need to bring this up in gun grabbing conversations. Another arrow in our quiver.
    That people with certain military training are the only ones who can own and carry a gun? I don't think that's our quiver.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not in Israel, 9mm is common but you are limited to 1 handgun and 50 rounds of ammo at a time.

Site Supporter
    However, the idea of having a gun for civilian self-defense is a positive thing to push, despite limitations. They can be fixed. Send this report to appropriate antigun Senators like Chuck and Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    However, the idea of having a gun for civilian self-defense is a positive thing to push, despite limitations. They can be fixed. Send this report to appropriate antigun Senators like Chuck and Diane.
    The only think either one of those "deplorables" would get out of this discussion is limiting US citizens to one handgun and only 50 rounds. The rest would be willfully ignored.

Site Supporter
    Even that would be against their beliefs. I would just like to rub the example in their faces of any type of SD usage being legit. I agree the limitations are silly and counterproductive. On the other hand, how many idiots (sorry) post 5 is enough and if I can't do the job in 5, I ain't doing my manly job.

That is subtle difference between folks who can run a 5 shot snubby and acknowledge that convenience makes them opt for the low end of the risk spectrum. It's the post that says if you carry more than 5 you are a commando wannabee.

Truth in advertising. Dress circumstances yesterday led me to carry a 6 shot SW 432 snubby and one speed loader. Horrors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That people with certain military training are the only ones who can own and carry a gun? I don't think that's our quiver.
    I should have been more specific. I was referring to this part:

"A civilian carrying a weapon is more of a solution than a threat, and doubles as assistance for the security forces," Ohana told Haaretz, pointing out that "in 11 attacks in just the Jerusalem area, they neutralized the threat."

"Sending the citizens of Israel to protect themselves with pizza trays, selfie sticks, guitars and umbrellas is a crime of the state against its citizens. A law abiding citizen, who has the basic skill required, is entitled to be able to defend himself and his surroundings."

User Tag List