Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Da/Sa 9mm for IDPA?

Best Da/Sa 9mm for IDPA?

I'm going back to da/sa guns and want a new pistol to shoot in competition.Considering sig226, beretta 92. Any others? Whats the best trigger? Competition modifications? Thanks for any information

Those are good and I would include the CZ line of pistols. One can buy custom versions of most of their line. Check out CZ Custom.

Just about all of them (and any other pistol for that matter) is going to have some specific things and quirks that pertain to it. I'd read up on those specific things, figure out which one has the "issues" you can deal with, and choose that one.

Beretta 92 would be my suggestion, especially a Langdon M9 if you can get one.

You can follow up with a Langdon Trigger Job In A Bag if desired, but frankly it should be good to go out of the box, at least for starters.

Best, Jon

While I'm not a DA/SA guy, the kind of feedback and comments that I've seen about the Langdon TJIB, would lead me to go that direction with a 92 if I were looking for a DA/SA competition gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    While I'm not a DA/SA guy, the kind of feedback and comments that I've seen about the Langdon TJIB, would lead me to go that direction with a 92 if I were looking for a DA/SA competition gun.
    I'd consider it money very well spent on a game gun. I have two of them, and the results have been phenomenal.

CZ has a bundle of options with everything from polymer frames P07s to steel frame Shadow 2s. Any of SIG's SRT equipped 22Xs are a solid out of the box option for triggers. And Beretta has the new 92 Elite, the Wilson Combat 92s, and the PX4 Fullsize Carry that LTT offers (Recoil just did a great piece on this one). Of these, I think Beretta and CZ guns have the most smiths/parts available to do competition mods.

At the end of the day though, with those guns to choose from, I'd say try as many models as you can get your hands on and go with what fits you best.

Site Supporter
    A CZ-75 or a Sig P226 because they are accurate and well tested for years. I would not mind any modification until you have shot one for a while. Buy for now a lot of 9mm ammo, train, and practice. Good luck.

A CZ Shadow 2 then go shoot USPSA Production.

Just kidding.... No, honestly, I am not kidding.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 07-12-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    A CZ Shadow 2 then go shoot USPSA Production.

Just kidding.... No, honestly, I am not kidding.
    You read my mind dude. [emoji2]

USPSA shooters are such dicks.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List