Thread: Walther PPQ SC

Walther PPQ SC

Has anyone here taken one of these around the block yet?

They are an extensive redesign of the older P99/PPQ pistols. They have an internal extractor(videos show extremely consistent ejection) and they have a unique plastic striker housing behind the steel breach face(not sure how I feel about this) to lower the slide mass. The slide is a fair bit lighter than a comperable P99c. I want to know if there is anyone in the community that has any experience with them and what they think. Primarily how the internal updates are viewed and what the lighter slide does for shooting manners at the range.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 07-13-2018 at 03:11 AM.

I've only put a couple of mags through one at a Walther Demo Day at the local LGS. My intitial impressions are that I like the SC. Trigger is good and the pistol shot well. I did not note anything unusual abut the recoil. Some guys on a particular site are heaping hate on the SC for the changes to the fire control group Walther made, but none seem to have put any rounds through one. The one difference I noted was actually an improvement. With a standard PPQ, the shooter can pull the slide back slightly, hold the trigger back and when the slide is let forward back into battery, the sear will disengage the striker and the striker will not cock as the slide closes. I could not get the SC to do this.

Externally, the SC is a PPQ with a shortened grip and slide. I believe the standard SC mag is ten rounds, but a 15 round mag with a sleeve is also available. With the sleeved 15 round mag, the grip was the same size as a standard PPQ.

The only downside I found to the SC during my brief time with it is that it only comes with a button mag release. I much prefer the "paddle" mag release of the PPQ M1. Still, the button mag release was positive and easy to use. I also find the controls of the PPQ family more refined and easier (particularly the slide release) to use than other pistols.

With the caveat that I only put a couple of mags through the SC (but also having put a few thousand rounds though a standard 9mm PPQ) I would not hesitate to buy an SC and, after putting a few rounds through it to check for function, use it for an EDC.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List