Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Da/Sa 9mm for IDPA?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    LOL.

Not that I care of IDPA, but is Shadow 2 legal for it? I've given up to keep up with their rules.
    I don’t know because I don’t keep track of it anymore but I vaguely recall reading that it was not. To be more helpful to OP, you can get some really good deals on IDPA legal CZ’s that have been rendered obsolete by the Shadow 2.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Really? Hmmmmm....this gets betterer and betterer.
    Good thread on mag compatibility:
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=75989.0
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Personally for IDPA I would pick whatever gun you’re going to carry every day. Shoot it in which ever class it fits the best in. You’ll gain a lot of confidence in your pistol and your ability to run it. You’ll also figure out pretty quickly where your weaknesses are with it.

I'm with Gregg on this point ^ and this is what I used to do before IDPA got cancelled at my local club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Can’t go wrong with a CZ of some flavor. A CGW’d P07/09 runs less than $900. Tough deal to beat.
    My entire Production setup (gun, holster, mags, carriers, belt) was < $800 (yes, all bought new), and the belt and one of the mag carriers also get used for EDC, so from where I sit, $900 actually sounds like a pretty easy deal to beat. Different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    My entire Production setup (gun, holster, mags, carriers, belt) was < $800 (yes, all bought new), and the belt and one of the mag carriers also get used for EDC, so from where I sit, $900 actually sounds like a pretty easy deal to beat. Different perspectives.
    This all ends up getting dwarfed by ammo in the log run though

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    This all ends up getting dwarfed by ammo in the log run though
    Absolutely; it's just that when someone says that more than 2x what I paid for my gun is a "tough deal to beat," it sounds a little funny to me.

User Tag List