Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: VP9 best striker fired 9mm?

That mallet thread was pretty stupid, sorry.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    We've had a couple of comments recently on this thread that I think are worthy of further comment.

Some are more trustworthy on their face than others, but as ToddG and others here have pointed out, none are immune to failures in design, manufacture, quality control, and aftermarket customer support. None.

Third, additionally, it should be noted that manufacturers have been know to quietly change, replace, modify, and/or outsource components during a weapon's production cycle. And when I say "quietly," that means that it not unknown for their field representatives, trainers or national corporate structure in a given country to be kept in the dark-let alone end users and/or using organizations.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    That mallet thread was pretty stupid, sorry.
    I didn't think so.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I didn’t think that it was stupid per se, I just couldn’t reproduce the results on my N of 3.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Hammertime

VP9 best striker fired 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Enel:

I’m not sure why you said you can make the striker fall without pulling the trigger by beating on it with a hammer? I guarantee you can’t make it go off with a hammer. I’m extremely familiar with this platform being an Armorer since it’s introduction into the market. This firearm was vetted for 4.5 years and has been through so many destructive tests, drop tests etc, too much to type by HK as well as many agencies in the European region. The GSG9 anti terror unit put the VP9 through tremendous tests as well for many months and it passed there criteria and now it’s their issue firearm. I will tell you that you are flat out wrong and it’s irresponsible to purposely utter false statements. Obviously you aren’t familiar with the striker safety on the VP 9, the safety features, how it works, how it can”t be defeated if used as OEM, how the rotating safety swivels as well as other safety features. The rotating safety alone will NOT move I don’t t care how much you beat on it. Please try and educate yourself on the VP9, and then re-enter the conversation.
    I never said it would fire. It won’t. Unlike the P320.

You will get a dead trigger and I was able to reproduce my findings on one other sample. It takes a hard hit and is unlikely to be a real world issue but for me the VP9 was not compelling enough otherwise to stay with it.

Try it for yourself.

A PPQ will also drop its striker with much less of a hit. It also will not fire.
    @JonInWA, As far as failures to lock back and or auto forwarding: my experience is 2x P30l, P30, and VP9 all suffered from this. A friend’s VP9 has had problems locking back to the point where it took a trip back to HK without any resolution. He still carries it though because love.

I am pretty sure it is grip related on the failures to lock back, but it truly takes very little pressure to activate the slide releases on these. I believe some folks have ground them shorter in an attempt to improve the behavior.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 07-15-2018 at 07:10 PM.

The VP9 has massive slide stops so it could be related to that. I find it hard to believe that there would be a mechanical reason for the gun to not lock back.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    The VP9 has massive slide stops so it could be related to that. I find it hard to believe that there would be a mechanical reason for the gun to not lock back.
    Yes. The long bilateral stock levers give a long lever arm which makes it very easy to release and perhaps not as solid on locking back.

Anyway that is a nit. It is a fabulous pistol, best ever? Depends on your fanboi status.

User Tag List