Thread: Light or light/laser?

Light or light/laser?

Thinking I should have a WML for my bedside pistol, a Taurus PT92, so full size with a rail. But there are a LOT of lights on the market, and I have no clue where to start. Some guidance would be much appreciated. Later.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    Thinking I should have a WML for my bedside pistol, a Taurus PT92, so full size with a rail. But there are a LOT of lights on the market, and I have no clue where to start. Some guidance would be much appreciated. Later.

Dave
    I have owned a few different ones now. Your main thing is going to be which switching system feels best to you. Streamlight,surefire,inforce all have different styles. I have had some of each. Still own tlr-1 and x300ua.

I prefer the surefire. It has worked 24/7 no matter if its -20 out or 100. Ive banged her around, soaked it in water. It just does not care. I also like the quick attach style attachment. But once again thats my preference. The surefire is a rotary type switch. Rotated up or down it is on. Press the switch forward for momentary.

Inforce lights are nice but I do not know anyone who has not had to send one in for warranty. Inforce are usually a press type switch.

Streamlights just work. For the price they are a very good value. Pretty durable and they have a good warranty if you need it. I know some guys like the switching more. The streamlight is rotary as far as tlr1. Rotate one way for constant and the other for temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My agency approves/issues Streamlight TLR-1HL pistol mounted lights and we have had solid performance from them. I can't recall anyone in my 400 plus agency having a problem with theirs.

I have one mounted on my duty pistol and it has seen hard use, temp extremes, lots of bumps, etc. I wish I had one years ago when I started this gig as it makes clearing houses/buildings during burglaries and such much easier. A lot of that is technique though so having/obtaining the light is one thing......and training with it is another.

Even if you can't get in a class, there is some info on the web on how to run one when clearing rooms and such. I would suggest you take a look at some of that and add that to your considerations prior to purchase.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    On a bedside pistol, I would give serious thought to a Streamlight light/laser combination. The laser can be really helpful in low light, or if you need glasses that you didn’t have time to grab and cannot see the sights well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Streamlight has been my go-to light for years. Started off with the Insight, which used the same controls as the Streamlight.

Had a Surefire, but not a fan of pushing in for momentary. Only Surefire lights I have are handhelds or long gun setups (either a handheld mounted, or Scout light).

I have probably a half dozen Streamlights. And for as different as the controls are, I’m a big fan of the TLR-7. Beats the hell out of the TLR-3.

User Tag List