Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington DC question....LEOSA.

Washington DC question....LEOSA.

Does anyone know if there is an LE/LEOSA exemption for magazine capacity in Washington DC?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I don’t think so. I took 10 rounders a couple years ago. They also limited you to 1 spare mag, 20 rounds total on your person.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I don’t think so. I took 10 rounders a couple years ago. They also limited you to 1 spare mag, 20 rounds total on your person.
    Dave is right afaik but we have some folks in the D.C. area who may know if anything has changed.

If there is no exemption you are limited to only enough ammo to load the firearm twice, not to exceed a total of 20 rounds.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I was there a couple of years ago. I carried a G-26 with 11 rounds and a spare mag with 9 rounds. I was treated with respect everywhere I had to declare, and nobody asked what I had, just asked if I was armed.

Great. Have my 10 rounders ready for DC, and a J frame and normal mags for Virginia.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter
    DC has a 20 round on your person limit?

@Dagga Boy, would this be a good place for your new Colt?
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 07-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

This is good stuff to know. I can guarantee that not loading both my G26 mags fully would give me Forrest Whittaker eye but the law is the law. I really hope HR 6105 becomes law so this nonsense can end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I was there a couple of years ago. I carried a G-26 with 11 rounds and a spare mag with 9 rounds. I was treated with respect everywhere I had to declare, and nobody asked what I had, just asked if I was armed.
    Same here. I went with an HK USPc in .40 with 10 rounders. I found that each Smithsonian museum had slightly different policies at the metal detectors.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    DC has a 20 round on your person limit?

@Dagga Boy, would this be a good place for your new Colt?
    Yes, but I am flying and teaching so I am limited in what I am taking. I was just at my vacation home and carried the heck out of it. If I was just going to DC or NY, the Colt would be a go to. Only doing a half day in DC.

I don't know but I will tell you that I was treated great by Federal LEOs when I was down there on vacation. The only grief I got was by an Alexandria cop who lectured me about not having a gun on me when I visited the NRA museum. Great guys!

User Tag List