Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valor Ridge Instructor Test

Valor Ridge Instructor Test

Hello Everyone,

I just posted this up on youtube HERE. It is a very unforgiving course of fire that I am sure many of you will get value from trying. Here it is:

Valor Ridge Instructor Test by Reid Henrichs

All stages shot from concealment/duty rig unless otherwise noted. Target is VR-16 target for stages 1-9 and 16”x9” reduced silhouette for stage 10. All body shots must be inside the 8” circle and all head shots must be inside 3”x2” triangle. Grease marks touching the line count. A miss at any time or a shot over par time results in an immediate failure of the test.

Stage one: 3 yards. Draw and fire 3 rounds to body in 1.5 seconds.

Stage two: 5 yards. From challenge, fire 2 rounds to body in .85 seconds.

Stage three: 5 yards. Draw and fire 3 rounds to body, then 2 rounds to head in 3.25 seconds.

Stage four: 7 yards. Pistol is at slidelock with empty magazine in place. From high ready, on signal reload pistol gun hand only and fire 3 round to body in 7.50 seconds.

Stage five: 7 yards. From high ready, fire two rounds to body gun hand only, switch hands, then fire two rounds to body support hand only in 4.5 seconds.

Stage six: 7 yards. Set up pistol with one round in chamber, empty magazine in place. From challenge, on signal, fire one round to body, slidelock reload, kneel, and fire one round to head in 4.25 seconds.

Stage seven: 10 yards. Draw and fire five rounds to body in 4.25 seconds.

Stage eight: 15 yards. Draw and fire 3 rounds to body in 4.25 seconds.

Stage nine: 25 yards. From challenge, fire 2 rounds to body in 4.25 seconds.

Stage ten: 50 yards. From high ready, fire 1 round to 16”x9” silhouette in 2.0 seconds
    President
    Valor Ridge Training
    www.valorridge.com
    www.youtube.com/c/ReidHenrichs

Thanks for posting this, Reid!

I can definitely see some similarities at least in par times for comparable drills, to Tom Givens instructor level scoring. While that statement could be misconstrued, I assure you I mean it as a compliment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Reid!

I can definitely see some similarities at least in par times for comparable drills, to Tom Givens instructor level scoring. While that statement could be misconstrued, I assure you I mean it as a compliment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any comparison to Tom is humbling. He has taught me a great deal. Thank you for your words.
    President
    Valor Ridge Training
    www.valorridge.com

These are really tough standards to maintain 100% hits. I'll see if I have the opportunity to give it a try this weekend. I've been following your channel for a little while now and really like some of the things you have to say. You're also a very good shooter.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Those are sporty times for sure. Good shooting.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    These are really tough standards to maintain 100% hits. I'll see if I have the opportunity to give it a try this weekend. I've been following your channel for a little while now and really like some of the things you have to say. You're also a very good shooter.
    Thank you very much. And also thank you for putting yourself on the line every day. I know how hard the job is.
    President
    Valor Ridge Training
    www.valorridge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Those are sporty times for sure. Good shooting.
    I appreciate that. I wanted to have an "on demand" level of performance that was no chip shot. With all the good shooters on this forum, the test should prove to be a nice blend of precision and speed.
    President
    Valor Ridge Training
    www.valorridge.com

Higher standard.. Very nice!

Through all the instructor demo's when taking Rifleman 1 at Valor Ridge (which included pistol work as well) I never saw a missed shot.

David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 07-13-2018 at 09:57 AM.

@Reid Henrichs

Thanks very much for posting this! Looks awesome.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I decided to give these standards a try today. They’re as tough as they look. Shot with a G19-5 from concealed AIWB:
    1. 1.73s clean
    2. 0.77s clean
    3. 2.75s -1
    4. 7.97s clean
    5. 4.83s -1
    6. 3.10s clean
    7. 3.22s -1
    8. 2.76s -2
    9. 1.64s -1
    10. 1.69s miss

My training partner shot as well. He did a little better than I did but still couldn’t pass.

If all your instructors are expected to be able to clean this course of fire cold, that says a lot about their skill level with a pistol.

I’ll be messing around with this again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List