Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning 1911-380

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Had one of those and sold it. I've explained why elsewhere on the site. Searchable if you care.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I have a 1911-22, and two 1911-380/22 Convertibles (both 380 and 22 slide assemblies)
    I like them.

These are fun guns in 22lr and the perfect trainer for my kids being that they are 80% the size of a full size. My sample has been perfectly reliable with myriad different ammo which is rare in rimfire pistols. That said, in adult size hands the ergos are not as nice as the real deal 1911s. Workable but suboptimal IMO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have one of the 1911-22s and would definitely consider one of the .380 versions. However, my .22 shoots very high and there is no aftermarket sight support that I can find. (There are three different types of sights on these little Brownings - tiny GM type, a larger one where the rear is a wedge like zitcev’s, and one still larger that resembles a Kimber rear - that’s the one I have.)

I’d be more enthused if there was aftermarket support.
    Aftermarket support is a critical consideration in my own purchases. Gun makers would do well to coordinate with holster makers, sight makers, etc.

Never shot one, but I sure feel like a giant when I hold one in the shop.

I'm carrying one of mine right now. I like it almost as well as my 9mm Airweight J-frame Conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    I have a 1911-22, and two 1911-380/22 Convertibles (both 380 and 22 slide assemblies)
    I like them.
    Does your 1911-22 shoot to POA?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does your 1911-22 shoot to POA?

Yes.
    But one of my 380s was about15" to 18" low at a hundred feet (I fixed that by lowering the front sight about 1/16 inch). The other 380 was spot on. Both of my 22 conversion slide assemblies seem to be pretty close, but I haven't shot the conversions enough to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    I'm carrying one of mine right now. I like it almost as well as my 9mm Airweight J-frame Conversion.
    From you, that is indeed high praise!
    lol

User Tag List