Thread: Available equivalent to Colt 6933 EPR

Available equivalent to Colt 6933 EPR

Long story short- trying to refurbish 20 year old agency owned M16A2 Commandos (full auto). The lowers are in reasonable shape and will be fine with new springs. The uppers are unfortunately pretty wasted and in need of essentially complete replacement. Bolt carriers are salvageable, but everything else is pretty much toast. Back in March, our sales rep for the regional Colt distributor quoted and sold us 6933 EPR uppers, which are 11.5” government profile barrel, 10.5” Centurion M-Lok hand guards, and complete BCG.

Fast forward to today and I found out they are unable to fill the order as apparently Colt quit/never made these as uppers. It looks like they still make complete 6933 EPR guns, but not uppers. The sales rep wants to look into LWRC (which I thought was primarily big $ pistons or proprietary pattern DI), or Sig (which I’m hesitant of because Sig). Anyone have ideas for equivalent complete uppers? Must be mil-spec or better and due to budgeting cycle, similar or lower price (mid $600 agency price).
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

PM sent.

Site Supporter
    PM sent

I’d call Bravo Company if it were me. Been very happy with the SBR’s we got for our SWAT team.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Your PM replied to.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Daniel Defense V7’s? No clue what agency price would be to know if it’s within the price range you need without contacting them though.

Thank you to all who reached out. Definitely some options I hadn’t considered and hopefully I can find a workable solution.

Quick update- Ended up going with BCM. They were able to get a good combination of feature set, price, and timely availability. Received the parts yesterday and hopefully will have them in service soon. Thanks again to all who helped.

User Tag List