Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Old Texas LEO pic...

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Dude.

You can't even buy a replacement barrel for an A5 for $200 most of the time.
    Believe me, I ran to the ATM as fast as my stubby little legs would carry me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m willing to bet the guys in the original picture didn’t have French tips on their nails. ;-)

I don't know sir. That appears to be on the Texas state line. You people predicate some weird things!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    ]NMSP is one of those agencies where you don't wanna mess up or mess around with those folks!
    I would not mess with anyone whose job requires them to dress like they're about to invade Poland.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    This was over at “Traces of Texas” of Facebook. The caption said it was a Texas Ranger in 1946. I was drawn in by the guns and gear. My how gear has changed. No seat belts. No shotgun rack. Open / exposed trigger guard. No retention on the holster. His red light would hang from a hook in the center of the windshield, but it was stored down by the radio.

Totally different times.

Looks like a Browning shotgun... great detail in that old pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm familiar with the reputation of Texas Rangers, but I'm still impressed with this guy. He looks ready for business.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I would not mess with anyone whose job requires them to dress like they're about to invade Poland.

Okie John
    You got any suits at home?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

In the Astrodome picture, I like the guy on the left with his thumb on the hammer. Looks like he is ready to take care of business.

Those are some super cool pics. Love the ladies, toting guns that would have most people these days whining about how heavy they are. Different times, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    You got any suits at home?
    Yes, but I was thinking more of the 1939 version.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Yes, but I was thinking more of the 1939 version.

Okie John
    If I wait long enough, somebody will usually say what I'm thinking.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List