Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P09 ignition problems

Cajun called again today. Three different people went through my two P09 and one P07 pistols, post installation of the Pro kits, and none of them could make the trigger malfunction. They asked me to take them, try to make the problem happen, and in the mean time send back my three problem P09 pistols.

That lifter part is quite early in development, and not something that I see as a short term fix.

We also discussed this issue generally, and they said about one in ten stock guns coming in, exhibit the problem.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I have never received any response from CZ-USA. I'd encourage everyone on this thread to contact CZ to bring their attention to this problem. I hope if enough people contact them, it may work. We all really like this pistol and would benefit greatly if this issue gets resolved.

I think this is probably a good step. As someone who recently invested pretty decently into the p-series pistols, I would hope CZ USA would begin to realize that they have to step up and make this right. Will be sending my email soon.

Although, thinking about contacting CZ USA, I emailed them weeks ago - asking about when I should replace my recoil spring. Never heard a word so far.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I received a box from CGW today with two P09 and one P07 with their Pro kit installed. Quick dry fire session showed no problem with the hammer stopping short. Checked my existing three P09 CGW pistols, and all exhibit the problem on demand. Sending those back to Cajun for their love. May be a while until I live fire the P07/09 pistols, as I am shooting a Glock in CO now.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    It’s pretty clear that CZ uses a variety of diameter rollers to time the system, presumably to compenate for tolerances / tolerance stacking. Without testing this would be my first guess/step - try a size larger and a size smaller smaller rollers.
    Who would have guessed it?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Who would have guessed it?
    Like setting the timing on a healthy big block(or any engine lol)

But the timing is THE ignition in a engine. Too advanced or retarded and it aint going to be right. So if you can adjust roller sizes to change the “timing” in the omega system that would be slick.

I just hung up with CGW, as I was getting a return label to ship my three existing P09 lowers back to them to fix the ignition issue.

I believe this situation has created a high sensitivity and caused them to be looking at guns for this issue. They said they just had two guns come in, one OEM stock and another with the Pro kit, that were exhibiting the same problem. While initially they were focused on the lifter, they determined a better fix was to machine the sear instead. I believe they are thinking about whether they just use this as a fix on problem pistols, or manufacture a new part and make it generally available for sale.

I continue to believe CZ USA ought to get involved with this, given it is more than just my problem, and relates to tolerance stacking in individual pistols that could cause a pistol to not fire when intended.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just hung up with CGW, as I was getting a return label to ship my three existing P09 lowers back to them to fix the ignition issue.

I believe this situation has created a high sensitivity and caused them to be looking at guns for this issue. They said they just had two guns come in, one OEM stock and another with the Pro kit, that were exhibiting the same problem. While initially they were focused on the lifter, they determined a better fix was to machine the sear instead. I believe they are thinking about whether they just use this as a fix on problem pistols, or manufacture a new part and make it generally available for sale.

I continue to believe CZ USA ought to get involved with this, given it is more than just my problem, and relates to tolerance stacking in individual pistols that could cause a pistol to not fire when intended.
    This sounds quite reasonable. While I have suggested the roller, as a documented mechanism for controlling timing, is related, I also think that it is too simple and convenient of an explanation for what is likely a more complex issue.

I'm glad CGW is taking the issue seriously and hope CZ does the same.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

GRRRR!!

So pulling up this thread for good reason. I have just pulled out my P-07 to throw in the range bag for a range trip this coming week.

Was doing some dry practice with it and thought I noticed something odd on one of my presses of the trigger in DA. Sure enough, I was able to get the DA trigger to drop to half cock while slowly pressing the trigger - and yes with a healthy bit of sideways deflection. I was pretty shocked how easy it actually was to induce and repeat. I thought the problem was a lot more easier to brush off until it happened with my gun. Shame on me for just getting around to checking this issue with this pistol.

This is especially concerning because this p-07 is a backup for my chopped p-09 that I've started carrying. The p07 has stock parts minus trs, firing pin and spring and hammer spring. I will be calling CGW to see how there fix is coming along and also calling CZ usa to lay the problem pistol at their feet.

Also, forgot to add. I did have a CGW roller in my spare parts. My stock one in the gun was .215 and the CGW is .219 (prob .220/cheap calipers). Switched them out just to see if any difference - same results. Put stock part back in. Probably not enough difference in size - or to be honest, I don't understand all the things at work to figure out what it meant.
    Last edited by miller_man; 08-26-2018 at 01:00 PM.

CZ P09 ignition problems

@miller_man, can you do it without bumping your fingertip against the frame as you press slowly? My analysis is that sideways pressure has nothing directly to do with it. I can make my guns do it by pressing straight, and cannot make them do it if my finger is not wrapped deeply around the trigger so the tip bumps just as the sear releases.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-26-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @miller_man, can you do it without bumping your fingertip against the frame as you press slowly? My analysis is that sideways pressure has nothing directly to do with it. I can make my guns do it by pressing straight, and cannot make them do it if my finger is not wrapped deeply around the trigger so the tip bumps just as the sear releases.

Just spent about 2-3 minutes messing around with it - it appears you are spot on. I don't know that I can do it pressing straight, couldn't just now. But it is completely like you say - it appears my fingertip does have to contact the frame (which obviously makes the finger sunk quite deep).

It would not be a normal way that I would be pressing/contacting the trigger - but you never know.

I did spend a few minutes doing weak hand presses - with lots of sideways pressure from left side of gun (something I could see happening shooting weak hand) but didn't have any issues. Like you said , without the fingertip contacting it doesn't happen.

User Tag List