Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P09 ignition problems

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Either that, or the company that designed and manufactures the pistol could figure it out and save us all a lot of trouble.
    I agree, but that's not going to happen, until the manfacturer percives this as a much larger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Either that, or the company that designed and manufactures the pistol could figure it out and save us all a lot of trouble.
    My roller measured from .215-.218 I believe. Seems to be a definite mixed bag. So if I ordered a pro grade which comes with .225 that seems like a big jump. Would have to request a .220 I guess.

I understand the thought process. They save money by having parts manufactured this way. But if you could tighten up the tolerances through a more stringent process I think this could be avoided. The design is very solid. I would pay another 50-75$ for a pistol that had a higher QC process. They are worth that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    My roller measured from .215-.218 I believe. Seems to be a definite mixed bag. So if I ordered a pro grade which comes with .225 that seems like a big jump. Would have to request a .220 I guess.

I understand the thought process. They save money by having parts manufactured this way. But if you could tighten up the tolerances through a more stringent process I think this could be avoided. The design is very solid. I would pay another 50-75$ for a pistol that had a higher QC process. They are worth that for sure.
    A bit off topic, but there's a opportunity here, for someone to make incremential roller sets and sell them, all that's needed is to prove that these will work, and work out a set of instructions. One could then dial their pistol in much better than the factory did.. You could offer these sets in either even or odd sizes.. I'm guessing that CZ does try different sizes of rollers when assembling, but, probably due to time constraints, they probably just get them "close enough" and leave it at that. While that works for most of us, there is room for improvement, a roller set would be that improvement.
    Last edited by ralph; 07-31-2018 at 09:56 AM.

My OEM rolled measured 0.223”. Nice #.

CGW already makes rollers in 0.005” increments - why the assumption that this is inadequate? I haven’t played witgh any of this but was happy that the roller supplied in the CGW Pro-Grade kit (0.225”) was ‘slightly larger’ as recommended.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    My OEM rolled measured 0.223”. Nice #.

CGW already makes rollers in 0.005” increments - why the assumption that this is inadequate? I haven’t played witgh any of this but was happy that the roller supplied in the CGW Pro-Grade kit (0.225”) was ‘slightly larger’ as recommended.
    It's not that it's inadequate, but a incremential set would be more precise, I mean, what if your roller was say .215, a .220 roller may be too much, where a .217-18 may be just right. It would be interesting to know how many roller sizes CZ actually uses, and just how tolerant the Omega system is of roller size changes..

Don’t forget about wear and dirt. Tolerances need to be large enough to allow for reliable function over time and under harsh conditions.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    It's not that it's inadequate, but a incremential set would be more precise, I mean, what if your roller was say .215, a .220 roller may be too much, where a .217-18 may be just right. It would be interesting to know how many roller sizes CZ actually uses, and just how tolerant the Omega system is of roller size changes..
    I think I recall reading that the effective size for tuning is the radius of the roller, not the diameter. 0.0025 is pretty fine increment as far as such tolerances go.

Of course I may be way off in assuming that the roller affects the problem at all - I just kniow it is a/the way to tune timing.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Noobie question from a Glock user. What's the roller you guys are talking about? What's its function?

Here's a pic I snagged from @Trukinjp13 on the P07 thread.

Name:  czp072.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  59.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Noobie question from a Glock user. What's the roller you guys are talking about? What's its function?

Here's a pic I snagged from @Trukinjp13 on the P07 thread.

Name:  czp072.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  59.4 KB
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/75...ler-for-omega/

From cgw.

The trigger bar rides underneath the roller and the fpb lifter is actually attached to the roller. So the different size rollers kind of effect the trigger bar engagement with sear/fpb lifter.

On the left of frame you can see roller between frame and fpb lifter.

What it looks like when you pull out roller/fpb lifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    It’s the rolling “trigger bar disconnector”, attached to the firing pin block lifter in this picture:

In DA, the trigger bar rolls along it and is forced down to activate the hammer disconnector, which in turn drops the hammer.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List