Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P09 ignition problems

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    I've bent some both ways without replacing just to get an idea of how much I could get away with and how much of a difference it made.
    What were your conclusions, if any? Joice worth the squeeze? Any reliability issues?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    What were your conclusions, if any? Joice worth the squeeze? Any reliability issues?
    The only issue I had was when tension was reduced in the extreme, under recoil it could come out from under the trigger bar. It does help some, can be reversed easily and the part is cheap.
    Last edited by timotab; 07-23-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Got to a stock P07 today, that I bought three or four years ago. Absolutely no mods done to it.

It did the same thing with some side pressure on the trigger, where the hammer stops short. So it effects at least this one stock P07.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM, well that’s not good. Looks like I owe the folks at Cajun an apology for assuming it was something they did.

I’d like to get to the bottom of this and figure out what the mechanism of the failure is. Does your trigger have a lot of lateral play?

Have you talked with CGW about whether there’s a fix?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GJM, well that’s not good. Looks like I owe the folks at Cajun an apology for assuming it was something they did.

I’d like to get to the bottom of this and figure out what the mechanism of the failure is. Does your trigger have a lot of lateral play?

Have you talked with CGW about whether there’s a fix?
    CGW says there is no fix, that it is a characteristic of the Omega trigger system. You may recall that Scott at Cajun reported testing five bone stock pistols out of their inventory, when they first learned of this, and 3/5 exhibited this.

Not sure of my trigger, but my finger may have some lateral play.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    CGW says there is no fix, that it is a characteristic of the Omega trigger system. You may recall that Scott at Cajun reported testing five bone stock pistols out of their inventory, when they first learned of this, and 3/5 exhibited this.

Not sure of my trigger, but my finger may have some lateral play.
    I can't make my P-07 do it and that is after I installed the CGW Pro-grade kit. There is just a bit of lateral play in the trigger, but it seems minimal to me.

CZ P09 ignition problems

Deleted.
    Last edited by NerdAlert; 07-23-2018 at 01:52 PM.

CZ P09 ignition problems

I could not replicate this on my P-07s either.

IIRC David @ CGW had discussed that there are a percentage of guns that they are just not able to get running "well."

Nobody likes to hear 'luck of the draw' but maybe that is what it is to a degree. Not just with CZ P-series guns, either, but with any manufacturer.

@GJM between your DPP issues and this... No need to buy me a lottery ticket :-)
    Last edited by s0nspark; 07-23-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I could not replicate this on my P-07s either.

IIRC David @ CGW had discussed that there are a percentage of guns that they are just not able to get running "well."

Nobody likes to hear 'luck of the draw' but maybe that is what it is to a degree. Not just with CZ P-series guns, either, but with any manufacturer.

@GJM between your DPP issues and this... No need to buy me a lottery ticket :-)
    Tolerance Stacking - it's a thing...

Can this be sent back to the mothership? Are they aware the problem exists, and if so maybe they can replace the mechanism itself or whatever is necessary for it to work correctly?

I also apologize for the cgw being at fault. Maybe it just exaggerated the problem having the aftermarket parts and what not. Maybe it is just user interface in a certain way. Whatever it is, it is shit.

I will be keeping a close on my new one to see if I can induce this.

User Tag List