Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P09 ignition problems

CZ P09 ignition problems

I have been trouble shooting some intermittent ignition problems in a pair of P09 pistols, with Cajun Pro trigger packages installed by CGW.

With factory ammo, only on DA shots, very intermittent occurrences. After chasing a bunch of possibilities, I finally figured it out today, and can replicate the failure to ignite on demand. Here is the crazy part — the failure to ignite is completely based on how I press the DA trigger. Straight back and there are no issues. If I press with some slight deviation, I feel like my trigger finger tip is contacting the frame and preventing ignition. No marks on the primer.

Does it with two different P09 pistols, and follows even if I swap uppers. My stock P07 will not do this regardless of how I press the trigger.

Here is a video I made after I finally figured it out.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks for the update. Now hustle your butt back to the Glock/HK fold....

Best, Jon

Here is another video isolating the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here is another video isolating the issue.
    Ok- I admit it. I watched a half dozen times and I’m missing the issue. Do you think the issue is with the CGW items you have added or is it the P-09 itself? I’d think it’s the CGW if the 07 isn’t having the same issue.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Ok- I admit it. I watched a half dozen times and I’m missing the issue. Do you think the issue is with the CGW items you have added or is it the P-09 itself? I’d think it’s the CGW if the 07 isn’t having the same issue.
    Stock P07 and P09 I have are not effected.

Watch the second video and you can see the difference between the hammer fully falling versus stopping at the 1/4 cock position when I press left.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Stock P07 and P09 I have are not effected.

Watch the second video and you can see the difference between the hammer fully falling versus stopping at the 1/4 cock position when I press left.
    Got it that time- thanks. Definitely makes me rethink some CGW parts as an upgrade. Did you get the whole ProGrade package or just a portion? As someone who is getting ready to invest in CZ as a primary system- to include getting a Shadow, it’s really appreciated.

Thanks for posting and stay with the CZ, lol.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

@GJM Did you contact David?

Perhaps the trigger bar spring was bent down too far?

ETA: found this thread:
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=73748.0
    Last edited by JTPHD; 07-09-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks for the information GJM, competitors and tinkerers are always taking guns to the edge so it’s great to be reminded of where the edge is. And potentially go beyond it.

I will say that I do modify my CZ’s but not to the extent that some do, and I haven’t had any remarkable issues. 👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by JTPHD View Post
    @GJM Did you contact David?

Perhaps the trigger bar spring was bent down too far?

ETA: found this thread:
    http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=73748.0
    I did. He was puzzled and offered to do anything I wanted from bring the pistols back, replace parts, install stock parts.

The problem is I really like the pistols, shoot them well, and I am competing with them now. Now that I understand the issue on these two, I can eliminate the issue through finger placement. I am interested in whether others can replicate this issue, to sort out whether it is something about these two, or a fleet wide issue. I have three pistols thee now for the Pro kit, and will check those as additional data points. I realized I had a Cajun P07 here, just checked it, and it will NOT do this, so that is encouraging.

My stock P07 and 09 also are fine, regardless of how I press the trigger.

Very interesting. It’s almost like the trigger bar is slipping off of the hammer leg when you induce the left push. Maybe it is the trigger bar spring bent too far out of spec.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List