Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favela Policing in Brazil

Favela Policing in Brazil

These videos have become my new entertainment.
    Basically they show what a shit show it is policing in a mega-urban shit hole.
    Lot of good FAL and FNC action, lot of "recon by gunfire" and "suppressive fire" and some pretty good (and bad peels and leapfrogging).
    Also funny to watch the locals just stroll right down the center of the street while a full blown gun battle is taking place.
    I always cringe when they roll the armored "beast" down a narrow blind alley that ends up being blocked, one IED and they're fucked.
    It's all in Portuguese but it's pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by JodyH; 07-09-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I feel bad for the two guys who seemed to be having repeated serious malfunctions. Especially the guy who had to strip his rifle and pull stuck casings out of the chamber with a multi-tool. I definitely take it for granted that I work in a country where I'm expected to get properly maintained, functioning equipment issued to me.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It's all in Portuguese but it's pretty self explanatory.
    Gunfire is a universal language.

Second video highlights were sort-of-sighted FAL fire, unique malfunction clearance, and that awesome armored vehicle. I would have loved to roll up in something like that. The WTF factor probably would have resulted in some quick surrenders.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Pretty sure I saw Keanu Reeves at 2:26 in the first vid. Getting some real life gunfighting in for the next John Wick?

I always wondered why so many of ASP’s videos came from Brazil or other countries in the same region. This explains some of it.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 07-09-2018 at 01:46 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Favela Policing in Brazil

Looks like you could make a fortune down there selling FAL stocks with about a 1.5" shorter LOP.

That FAL that took AR mags (NOT an FNC)... what a piece of shit.

It looks like a mag adaptor added after the fact, but obviously it is a whole new receiver and barrel.

I wonder if the design is the issue, the mags, the lack of maintaining, or an idiot end user?

It looks like TWO different AR mag well designs in the photos. The first picture looks like an adaptor in a 7.62 FAL mag well, and the other two pictures look like a solid milled lower. Neither appeared to work for shit.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 07-09-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Looks like you could make a fortune down there selling FAL stocks with about a 1.5" shorter LOP.
    But you'd go broke selling earplugs and safety glasses.

I've been traveling down the Brazil Policia rabbit hole all day today with videos just like these.
    I've probably watched a dozen of them LOL.
    They don't have a ton of action in them, but just a steady grind in some horrendously complex tactical situations.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

On patrol with a chopped 1882 Madsen...

Attachment 27899

Last edited by JodyH; 07-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I've been traveling down the Brazil Policia rabbit hole all day today with videos just like these.
    I've probably watched a dozen of them LOL.
    Time to rewatch Elite Squad...1 and 2...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Time to rewatch Elite Squad...1 and 2...
    BTDT... good flicks.

I have been to Brazil quite a few times.
    Last edited by JBP55; 07-09-2018 at 05:03 PM.

User Tag List